“Perfect For The Price”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
“Perfect For The Price”
Reviewed June 2, 2006

I stayed at this hotel because I got a great rate online and the reviews from this website. The hotel is very close to the airport. Check-in was quick, mainly because I prepaid online. Our room was in the back so I never heard any noise from the highway or the pool. The room was clean and the furnishings up to date. The staff was friendly and housekeeping left us plenty of towels. The continental breakfast was not wonderful but it was ok. Plus there is a Denny's right next door which also by the way has a friendly staff. I found the hotel convenient to all area attractions and only a couple of miles from Mill Street and ASU. This is a clean, basic hotel and if you are on a budget (which describes us) then it's perfect for the price.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed June 1, 2006

Exceptionally well-trained and helpful staff. A minor mechanical issue was handled quickly, efficiently and with a minimum disruption to our stay, even though it was nearly midnight. Nice hotel, wonderful people!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I've stayed at a couple of La Quinta's now, so I had come to think that this was a nice little no frills chain. I guess I've been lucky, because this particular La Quinta was on the unpleasant side. Noise from the road and the pool was very loud. The room wasn't particularly clean. Cable reception was fuzzy (third hotel in AZ that I've had that problem with!). The continental breakfast...I've come to like La Quinta's continental breakfasts and was actually looking forward to this one. When I went down the choice consisted of a couple of cereal boxes, some muffins in plastic wrap, milk, juice and the nastiest coffee I have ever had the misfortune to drink. A couple of the other guests complained and some yogurt, oatmeal packets, and some tired looking apples were found. I would not stay here again.

5 Thank M Z
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I could expect far less, but they provided much more than I would expect for a 2-star hotel. Continental breakfast (though I could not find the fresh fruit, maybe they ran out before I woke up?)... high speed wireless internet ... swimming pool open from 8am-10pm (and we usually had the pool to ourselves!) ... friendly staff ... overall quiet ... clean rooms with A/C.

I booked my stay here based on 3 things ... airline points with SWA, the website offered a great deal on cost, and the reviews from tripadvisor.com. Like I said, it is rated 2 stars, so don't go expecting more than what they claim. But it was perfect for us and I would recommend it.

6 Thank SmoothL8y
Oxfordshire
Reviewed April 14, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on the first night of a touring holiday, and arrived late and tired from the UK. It was convenient for Phoenix Sky Harbour airport, though the shuttle finishes at 11pm so we had a short taxi ride.
The service was friendly, room absolutely fine, good shower and a basic breakfast included. The shuttle back to the airport in the morning to pick up our rental car was friendly and well organised. The only downside was the constant noise of traffic from the big road nearby.
If you are looking for a basic clean hotel convenient for the airport this is more than adequate.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank sleepmonster
Reviewed February 21, 2006

We stayed for the first and last nights of our holiday in August 2005, as the hotel is ideally located close to the airport. We weren't expecting much in all honesty, however, the rooms are spacious and clean, easy to sleep at night with little noise and effective air con (essential in the summer heat!). Decent breakfast, not exactly spoilt for choice but certainly exceeded expectations. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the pool was a god send! There is also a 'Denny's' nextdoor. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Netherlands
Reviewed December 23, 2005

Booked this hotel well in advance on the La Quinta website and was not disappointed upon arrival. (We only had to wait about 10 minutes before we were picked up at the airport.) The front desk was very friendly and gave us the quiet ground floor room we asked for. The room was not huge, but had nice furniture. We arrived very tired after 2 flights from Europe to Phoenix, but could sleep very well. This was also because the room was not only very quiet but also very dark, thanks to the good curtains. The next morning there was a breakfast buffet, with the usual items. There was a very nice driver, normally they bring you to the airport where you can take a courtesy van from the car rental, but because we had much luggage he brought us directly. Overall we were very happy choosing this hotel.

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank BA-traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#17 of 174 in Phoenix
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,335 reviews
South Mountain
GreenTree Inn & Suites Phoenix Sky Harbor

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!