“La Quinta Sky Harbor Phoenix”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am in this Motel, not Hotel, right now. We checked in only to find that it is dusty and under renovations. Right away I was not impressed. I saw few guests but lots of staff and workers. We were told the pool was heated at a comfortable temperature! I guess if you like to swim in ice water it could be quite pleasant. A second time where I was not impressed. So now the internet - free they say but thats if you can get on in the first place. We tried several times with no luck. We did manage to connect to Denny's wi-fi so I guess that was ok. The rooms are acceptable however I dont think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor awa y from the freeway so location. The air con is not working very well...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is very close to the airport, making it convincient to the airport for our morning flight.
There is a shuttle to and from the airport.
The hotel is under going extensive renos.
The rooms on the second floor have been redone.
Rooms were clean with 2 double beds, large table and chairs.
The room also had HDTV with new flat screen tv.
The pool area was large with tables and chairs, but freezing water.
There also is a lovely court yard with couches, chairs and table.
Continental breakfast was standard ,however there is a Denny's next door.
There is no where to walk to at this location as it is in an industrial area.
The best part of the hotel was the comfortable beds even if they were double.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at many La Quinta's and this one met all my expectations. The reason to stay here is mainly that you are so close to the airport yet not out in the boondocks, and it's the cheapest I've EVER paid for a hotel! I rented two rooms - an ADA and a normal room. The ADA room was on the ground floor and very large with a roll-in shower. The only crazy thing is that you CANNOT close the blinds on the window to the parking lot! The sheers close but the privacy blinds are just decorative on the edges leaving the whole room open to view from the parking lot - craziest thing I've ever seen. The rooms are large enough, well kept, and overall the hotel looks newer. The pool was very nice on a 95+ day and private. I had to leave before the buffet in the morning. They had a computer with printer available for free airline checkin. They had shuttles to the airport but I had a car anyways. There was gas and convenience stores close by. I won't even tell you how cheap it was but because you would'nt believe me but it was cheaper than any Priceline deal I've ever managed. I booked about a month before my trip in September, but about a week before the trip the prices had almost doubled to a normal range. I just checked a date in Nov and the rooms are still cheaper than I'd find in most major cities.

Room Tip: Ground Floor ADA have no privacy due to lack of privacy curtains
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very nice stay. We started and ended vacation at this hotel. It is very affordable and convenient to Sky Harbor Airport. The rooms were clean and quiet. Breakfast was good.

The 100 charactar requirement for this review is excessive,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I guess I don't understand what previous reviewers saw. I had some serious reservations about staying here based on those reviews, but from the moment we were picked up by the shuttle at the airport until the time we checked out I was consistently impressed with the marvelously friendly and helpful staff, the amenities and cleanliness of the facilities, and even the attractiveness of the grounds. It has been under new management for most of a year, but perhaps I was fortunate in meeting the right personnel and staying in the right rooms – the ones that have been brought up to the new standard. My only complaint is that the free breakfast was not a full hot breakfast buffet, but since it is only advertised as a continental breakfast and there is a Denny's right next door, I guess it's really not much of a complaint after all. I was even surprised at how quiet it was, considering that it is right near the airport and adjacent the freeway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is near the airport, the price is not too high if you book in advance on their website and the rooms are quit comfortable. But I'm agree with the reviews : this hotel is getting old and I hope next time I'll be there, the general aspect will be better than the actual one with the renovation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is going through a renovation and that is a good thing because this hotel is OLD. I got a double bed room with fridge and microwave. I had to switch from the first room because things were broken, the wifi wouldn't work and I got burned in the shower because the water kept turning scalding hot (something like when the old houses can't have the shower running and toilet flushed) I have stayed at many other locations and this was not worth the money. But I will say the beds are comfortable, but they are comfortable in all the La Quinta chains

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall
Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Best Western Inn Of Tempe

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!