“Only Phoenix La Quinta with airport shuttle”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a typical motel-style La Quinta-three story with the usual amenities, including breakfast. The shuttle is convenient but on one stay, we had to wait at the airport for a full half hour before it arrived. Considering the hotel is only five or ten minutes away, this was a bit aggravating! Our room had a refrigerator in it that was practically as loud as the air conditioner. We have previously stayed at another nearby La Quinta that had shuttle service, but they've apparently stopped. That's too bad because that La Quinta was quite a bit nicer.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, Missouri, USA
Reviewed May 5, 2012

When I checked in and the person in charge learned that my departure time in the morning would preclude me from enyoying breakfast, he very kindly brought me two muffins for me to eat once I got to the airport. That was very nice of him I thought.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was graduating and was unfamiliar with the Phoenix area so I chose a hotel near the airport thinking that it would be cheap and convenient. Well it was cheap and convenient but I wouldn't recommend it for more than one night! I stayed two nights and though the bed was actually pretty comfortable it was only a full size. There were four of us and we had two doubles....really? A queen bed is that much more of a problem that its not worth it? The bathroom sink area was nice and roomy but the toilet and shower shared space in a room smaller than most closets! It was really cramped. Not to mention that we were only given three towels, I had to call down to the desk to get more BOTH nights! The ice machine was broken on my floor and it was really a pain to go downstairs because I had to go twice! Once to try to get the ice....I hadn't brought my key, and a second time with my key. They had an elevator but it was slow and then when it did land on my floor the door was shut and the elevator was gone before I had turned around. Where did it go? It is really close to the airport and the airport noise was pretty bad early in the morning enough that it sort of woke you up. Needless to say I was unable to sleep in. All in all I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room on the back side away from the airport noise?
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Reasonable price, yes. Location,close to airport. Shuttle service, nice drivers but poor schedule/experience. Front desk in the evening, poor to rude. I had given them my feelings on the 45 minute wait for a shuttle and was rewarded with a room that the air conditioner was unplugged (because if plugged-in, it sparked and was totally dangerous to use). Plus they added another $10.00 to my room cost upon checkout from the reservation made through the travel agent...

Room Tip: arrive during the day-call ahead for the shuttle and don't be in a hurry-3rd floor is fine w/goo...
A La Quinta traveler
Oracle AZ
Reviewed April 3, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel had good and bad points. The price was resonable. I used their park and fly package when I flew to Hawaii. The shuttle drivers were both great, and the shuttle service was very good. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and in reasonable condition. As far as the bad, the rooms on the ground floor (particularly to the rear of the office) have a lot of noisy foot traffic going by well into the night. If you're a light sleeper I recommend you request a room on an upper level. The first night I spent I was finally falling asleep when something really loud that sounded like a train whistle jolted me awake. I was awakened by that same noise a few more times that evening. When I returned from Hawaii I was once again on the ground floor. I got in at midnight so the foot traffic wasn't a problem. When I turned the water on in the shower I heard that aweful train whistle sound. It is the plumbing that causes it. I felt bad now knowing that I probably had startled other guests with that horrific sound in the middle of the night. They really need to do something about that plumbing. Lastly...BREAKFAST??? What breakfast??? This was the worst I had ever found at any La Quinta. When I got to it, everything was depleted. I managed to find a bagel, but there wasn't even any butter or cream cheese to put on it. All juices and coffee were gone. Luckily there is a Denny's right next door...because chances are...you're going to need it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 174 in Phoenix
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!