Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Let me start by saying I was very satisfied with this hotel. Excellent service. Shout-out to Tamara (spelling? pronounced tuh-MAH-ruh) at the front desk in the evenings/nights - she is the best! So friendly, helpful, positive - that kind of service is rare these days! I asked for a quiet area of the hotel - they gave me one (2nd floor which was top floor, facing a courtyard). I got a great night's sleep for my two nights there, which is one of my top priorities for a hotel. Everything worked fine. The A/C was super-effective, for the 106 degree weather there. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast there both mornings. And I appreciated the happy hour with complimentary drink and snacks (popcorn, pretzels, that sort of thing) too. As with all Embassy Suites, I love the suite set-up, the in-room fridge and microwave, and 2 TVs.

Those were the pros above. Here are the cons:
1) The sheets, pillowcases, and towels are stained. Hotel management - just throw those away!! The staff do a good job of hiding the stained ones. For example, they put two cases on the front pillows on the bed, so you'll notice the inside pillow case is the one with the stains. I'm not too picky about that sort of thing, but some guests might be. This is definitely not acceptable in a high-class hotel. Therefore, this hotel cannot be considered a high-class hotel.
2) The hinges of the bathroom door to my room were stiff as a board!! In other words, the door did not swing. I had to push on the door really hard to even get it to move.
3) The door between the inner and outer rooms did not close all the way. (could not push the door past the frame) I like to close this door for extra security when I go to sleep at night.

All in all, I've stayed at better Embassy Suites, and I've also stayed at worse. So I'd come here again if I return to the area. But I sure hope you can fix the problems, Embassy Suites manager!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area of the hotel - facing an inner courtyard and not the pool. You can also ask fo...
1  Thank sugarhigh412
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear sugarhigh412,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We appreciate your acknowlegement of our great staff and many amenities. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and based upon your review, I am actively working with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to correct these areas. We look forward to having you as a return guest in the future. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service was ok...Nothing to rave about. The free, full breakfast was really the only plus. It looked and felt very outdated and was kind of old and musty. There are much nicer accomodations in the area that I would chose before this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shawn M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that your enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. However, we're sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience, We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although I only spent one night at this hotel, it was certainly a great experience. Room was clean, quiet and well-appointed. The air conditioning worked fine in the 114 degree heat that day. I would definitely recommend Embassy Suites - Tempe to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear rlireland,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Tempe. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your "Embassy Way" experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff is great, very accommodating. Van service also very good- almost eliminates the need for a car- especially if you're on a short stay and don't need to go out to entertain. The pool is nice but too warm in summer to refresh. The rooms are big with a good work desk. Rooms are too dark, and in need serious updates- good flat screens though.

Dear Member,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your insight regarding our guest suite appearance and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Nice stay. Accommodations are standard and a little dated. Pool are is not inviting. One of the shuttle drivers was repeatedly rude. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was decent. I actually have to write 200 words here huh? Well hotel is close to ASU campus which gives it some energy. The was an AA meeting place right across the street if you're a friend of Bill W's. I got a pretty wicked tatto while I was there at No Regrets Tattoo on University Ave... Lets see.. there were two kids at the hotel clearly on pills or meth and the security guard wouldn't confront them so I had to ... is that 200?

Dear Patrick K,

Thank you for staying with us as our hotel. I appreciate your candid comments as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and guest suite appearance. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you as a return guest in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Enjoy staying here after a 2 week trip where we stay elsewhere. This location is convenient to the airport and their airport shuttle. Enjoy the new reception area and breakfast in the restauraunt. Pool and Fitness center well kept up. Thanks.

Dear Nyra R,

Thank you for staying with us on the last day of your trip. We are glad you enjoyed the new renovation of our evening reception and breakfast areas as well as our additional hotel amenities. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed here in the past, actually for many years off and on. It is conveniently located for our needs, and the hotel is always clean and the staff always helpful and attentive. I like the grounds, the pool, etc., as they are very pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nancy A,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and kind comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.