Let me start by saying I was very satisfied with this hotel. Excellent service. Shout-out to Tamara (spelling? pronounced tuh-MAH-ruh) at the front desk in the evenings/nights - she is the best! So friendly, helpful, positive - that kind of service is rare these days! I asked for a quiet area of the hotel - they gave me one (2nd floor which was top floor, facing a courtyard). I got a great night's sleep for my two nights there, which is one of my top priorities for a hotel. Everything worked fine. The A/C was super-effective, for the 106 degree weather there. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast there both mornings. And I appreciated the happy hour with complimentary drink and snacks (popcorn, pretzels, that sort of thing) too. As with all Embassy Suites, I love the suite set-up, the in-room fridge and microwave, and 2 TVs.
Those were the pros above. Here are the cons:
1) The sheets, pillowcases, and towels are stained. Hotel management - just throw those away!! The staff do a good job of hiding the stained ones. For example, they put two cases on the front pillows on the bed, so you'll notice the inside pillow case is the one with the stains. I'm not too picky about that sort of thing, but some guests might be. This is definitely not acceptable in a high-class hotel. Therefore, this hotel cannot be considered a high-class hotel.
2) The hinges of the bathroom door to my room were stiff as a board!! In other words, the door did not swing. I had to push on the door really hard to even get it to move.
3) The door between the inner and outer rooms did not close all the way. (could not push the door past the frame) I like to close this door for extra security when I go to sleep at night.
All in all, I've stayed at better Embassy Suites, and I've also stayed at worse. So I'd come here again if I return to the area. But I sure hope you can fix the problems, Embassy Suites manager!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large, two-room suites suites with granite, marble and travertine. Complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast, beverage reception each evening, airport transportation, on-site restaurant. Suites open up to a Resort Style interior courtyard with outdoor pool and hot tub. Wireless internet access throughout. Complimentary 24 Hr. Business Center and Fitness Center. Over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space, including our 4,000 square foot Grand Ballroom. A perfect Tempe location for business or leisure travel. Near Arizona State University, and all major business, shopping, entertainment, sports venues, restaurants and attractions in the East Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix
- Embassy Suites Tempe
- Tempe Embassy Suites