“Like the Happy Hours”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Like the Happy Hours”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for a week with colleagues from work. I normally don’t stay at Hilton Honors properties but since everyone else was I joined in. I enjoyed the suites with separate bedroom and living rooms. The room itself was well taken care of, the bathroom was very clean and nice soft towels too. The room had a coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave. The Internet was not free for me since I was not a Honors gold member, and when I complained at the front desk about the charge for each device I had, the front desk clerk gave me the password for the week. That was very nice of her. I loved the full breakfast that comes with the rate and the free Manager’s Happy Hour each day we were there. There were some good drinks and snacks to wind down after work. Overall a very good stay and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear MTCSS,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you "joined in" with your colleagues and chose to stay with us for your recent trip to Tempe. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Janice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My experience was excellent! It started with the complimentary shuttle service from the airport. John was amazing! He greeted me with cold water; he explained that because I was early (10a.m) and they had a full house, he would secure my luggage. He gave me the lay of the land. All the front desk staff were outstanding. The food at Garcia's was wonderful. The other driver, Tyler was great. It was a great experience.!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Beverly B,

Thank you for your kind comments and recognizing our valued team members. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Sincererly,

QUEEN CREEK, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My review for this hotel is between poor and average, although it doesn't change my preference of embassy suite in the country. Me and my family just decided to take a short family vacation, but we were more stressful leaving the hotel, the hotel guests next door were very loud and disturbing throughout the night till 3am. we complained but nothing was done at all. The bathroom vent in our room did work throughout our stay. And to top it all one of their staff at the bar during evening reception, pick and chose whom he wanted to ask for room id before serving happy hour drinks. God help you if you don't look and speak like others on the line, you better have your room key handy. Seriously! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT MYSELF. The only saving grace was what embassy suites are known for, their BRKFAST, which was good. This location was not really clean, but i think i noticed that with most of AZ hotels. Overall, I still love embassy suite but this particular llocation needs an improvement.

Dear Eze J,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down, I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we are always working to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Flagstaff, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Beware and double check all bills before they hit submit because you may never get your money back when they make a mistake. After my company made the reservations and arranged for payment, they billed my card and I am still trying to get this resolved approaching 2 weeks. Hotel staff told me twice that my credit was processed and not until waiting and speaking to a third person did I find out that nothing had been done. I am still waiting for my credit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cory T,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the credit card inconvenience that you experienced and we have addressed the issues you mentioned with our team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We are a fans of Embassy Suites so when I found this one I booked it right away. They did a nice job of remodeling it. Our room was clean and the king bed was really comfortable. The pool area was relaxing at night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My kids loved the variety of choices at breakfast and the made to order omlet was good. I would stay longer if I could.

• Stayed July 2013
Tucson, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great bang for the buck! Everything was top-notch: The pool was a lovely temperature for a morning swim. The sheets and pillows were amazing. The bartenders at the evening reception worked so hard and were so lovely. We had an accessible room with a roll-in shower, and it's the biggest and best I've ever seen!

Lavon
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Recently took my family to Tempe, Arizona for July 4th weekend. We stayed at the Embassy Suites to enjoy the pool, the outstanding breakfast, and the managers reception in the evening. The staff during our 4 night stay was outstanding and the location allowed us easy access to the malls, as well as the downtown area. Great value as well. You really can't beat the made to order breakfast the Embassy Suites provides. It was a great price for a family get away as we had just come back from a two week cruise in Southern Europe 8 days prior.