“Great place to stay...helpful staff...Excellent!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great place to stay for our family Fiesta Bowl trip. Room very clean, excellent breakfast, drinks and snack every evening. John the shuttle bus driver was great.....took us several places and good advice to go along with the rides. Shoko, at the front desk, was super helpful. She found a bowl that I could whip cream in for our tailgate at the Fiesta bowl. Friendly staff that welcomed us, asked how we were doing and if they could be of assistance. Definitely will stay her if back in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Pat4321,

Thank you for staying with us during the Fiesta Bowl. We appreciate your comments about our great team!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with friendly people. The breakfast is really good with made to order omelets, eggs, etc. Rooms were nicely kept and roomy. The onsite restaurant was a mexican restaurant which was ok, not a lot of choices on the menu to suit me, but the waitress was very nice and attentive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Softball_Mom_1979,

Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Our restaurant is adding new menu selections in our Dry Heat Lounge. We hope you will enjoy these on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location for a night on my birthday. The location was convenient to her workplace the next day. The staff was very helpful, and at check-in even made a nice provision for me to park my Harley-Davidson under cover, in a secure location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morehouse93

Dear Morehouse 93,

Thank you very much for choosing the Embassy Suites - Tempe to celebrate your birthday! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next one.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a nice hotel within 10 minutes of the airport. Staff is excellent! John the shuttle bus driver is a great tour guide and can you give info about anywhere you want to go. There is a free cocktail hour every evening, which is nice. The complex is rather large and some walking may be required. One downside is that they charge 10$ per day per device for wifi, but as I was with a conference group that fee was waived. If you like Mexican cuisine, Garcia's is located within the hotel and is amazing. Get Enrique the barman to mix you a Margarita or try out some local beers on tap. Overall, very satisfied and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a location near the lobby as some rooms are wrapped around in another building and require q...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear KDCRAE,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your nice review and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tempe.

Janice Keller

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here as part of a package to visit the NASCAR race. Good location and very helpful friendly staff. They offered a free transfer service from the airport, and you take advantage of this facility by using a phone in the terminal. Unfortunately this particular Embassy Suites was not listed. We contacted another that was listed, and they transferred the call. They did not have their own vehicle available for some reason, but said they would arrange for a car to collect us. The luxury car arrived as promised, and took us to the hotel. Our room was well equipped and very comfortable.
Public areas were well presented, and complimentary drinks and snacks were served in the bar early evening. Breakfast was excellent, the buffet offered everything that you would expect, and eggs, pancakes and omelets were cooked to order. The style of restaurant was Mexican and the evening dining experience was very poor after such an impressive breakfast.

We ordered room service one evening, and during my conversation to order our food, my wife changed her order and we both chose the same meal. When the food arrived we were presented with three meals as my wife's cancelled selection was also delivered. The food was not that hot and we both left most of it. They did amend our bill to deduct the unwanted dish.

The only nearby restaurant was a Denny's opposite, and we dined in the on site restaurant on our second night. When we presented ourselves at the desk to be seated, we were ignored along with other guests that were also waiting. The person at the desk just disappeared and did not come back! When I found a waitress, who was passing she took us to one of the empty tables. Not impressed, and our order took a long time to come, and was not that appetising. Shame really, as the rest of the hotel staff and levels of service were very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highperformance

Dear highperformance,

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We appreciate the review of our restaurant and room service. We have shared your comments with our food and beverage team so they may use these to improve the service and quality. We are glad you enjoyed the overall hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Janice Keller

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Have stayed at several Embassy suites and this one is good even though a little on the pricey side given it is Tempe AZ. Drinks and food as part of the rate are a great value. We had a third floor room and it was quiet, clean, and mostly up to date and modern. The rooms were quiet and the property is clean and conveniently located. Definitely would consider coming back. The breakfast set up could certainly use more help and better organization.

Room Tip: Ask for inside buildings for quiet and keep noise from freeway to a minimum.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zoomer2You
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Zoomer2You,

Thank you for your kind comments. Good suggestion on the breakfast set-up.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our room had badly soiled carpet and the entire hotel has a pecuiliar oder and they are constanly sprying scented stuff to cover it up. If you have allergies to scents, dont stay here! I was eating breakfast and they were spraying a cleaning/polish on all the tables around me as I was trying to eat my breakfast. THey also asked me to move to another table so they could vaccumm the area where I was sitting. I had to leave early and did not enjoy my breakfast as I had a serious allergic reaction to the spray cleaner and the vacuuming in the dinning area.

Heads-up! If you need to leave for an early flight on the weekend days, don't count on your free cooked to order breakfast. They offfer nothing not even room service or coffee service before 7:30 AM. My in room coffee maker did not work, I found out later it was because the electrical outlet it was pluged into was dead. This is a very old property that smells old and really should not have the name Embassy Suites assoiciated with it. It is not an Embassy Suites! Not even close. Rooms should be a lot chaper than they are as they are not Embassy Suites quality and cleanliness and the service level is not up to a full service hotel. No bell service, I didn't even see any luggage carts either.

Our room backed up to a NW corner of the property with a large empty parking lot that seemed to have a lot of noisy activity next door, not on the site but close enough to provide enough noice to keep one from drifting off the slumberland. I think they were racing cars or trucks. Only one clerk on duty and no other staff were on duty on late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Oh, no local newspapers for sale on site!

I ordered a cheese and fruit platter for 1:30 PM delivery on Saturday to my room and they offer it up at 4:30 P.M. as I was leaving for the evening, saying they forgot it. No one pays attention to the details of customer service here. The rooms are large but old, the beds were average and not the best for this hotel name plate. I did get my extra foam pillows and towels however.

The property is large and sprawling and directional signage is not good, so be sure youi get directions before wandering off to find your rooom. They are not easy to find in this maze hotel. Just try to find a way to get to the second floor once out doors. All room doors are exterior. I will not choose to stay here again with many other options in the area.

The only thing good about this property is the Garcia's (franchise Mexican Restaurant) in the hotel. The food and service there was very good! The breakfast buffet food was not on parr with Embassy Suites I stay at all around the country. Much of if was not warm and not properly cooked. I stay at Embassy Suites becasue there are no surprises. Boy was I surprised with this one!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is easy to find so you don't don't have to slep your bags all over the g...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear JR Ford,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We apprecicate your feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have taken the time to review your experience with our team so we may implement improvements in each of these areas.