“Wedding reception - exceeded our expectations”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wedding reception - exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had our wedding reception here on May 26. The staff was wonderful, and went the extra distance to put together a first class event. The meals were terrific, and the service at the event was exceptional.

Our out of town guests who stayed at the hotel were thrilled with the location, price, and service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear barbara h......we were honored that you chose our hotel for this very special day. Congratulations to the both of you.

You are very sweet to take the time to post these very nice comments about our hotel and our team here. We are very happy that you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon. Thank you again for posting these comments.

Peter Cowley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Seattle
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I am a very faithful customer to companies I respect and like, who treat their customers consistently well. This is why I typically chose Hilton Hotels, whether it be Embassy Suites, Hilton, Hampton or any other extension of the Hilton family. However my stay at the Tempe Embassy Suites was a huge let down. Despite the location being very central, located about 13 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from Scottsdale and right near Mill Ave., it was lackluster at best. The grounds are huge, and very confusing to navigate as there are separate buildings each with different letter coding (as in building L, etc), and upon checking in we were given our room number but absolutely no directions on where to go. When we stepped out to the outdoor walk way, we immediately got lost for about 10 minutes trying to locate our room that was in no clear discernible order, and no buildings were marked. It was also frustrating as the walk to the lobby and pool could take a while so a guest felt like they had to carry all their belongings they could possibly need with them to avoid a trip back to the room in 104 degree heat. The staff was consistently cold and somewhat rude, there was only one concierge that was helpful and friendly that I talked to in the 3 days I was there. The cooks at the included breakfast area were also very stand-offish, acting like they were completely put out to be at work, which doesn’t really brighten the morning very much. The room was clean, and well kept, house keeping did a good job. The pool area however was another story. There was styrofoam bits floating in the pool, garbage was left around, and the towels were empty a lot (as we spent a lot of time by the pool). One time when I went in to ask the front desk for more towels the woman working scowled at me and was extremely rude saying I would need to find housekeeping to ask. It wasn’t until I asked if she could call them that she obliged with an eye roll (seriously?). This was after walking through the outdoor walkway past two police officers who were there to mitigate a domestic dispute between two guests…awesome. I know part of the disappointment I felt was due to some questionable clientele but mainly due to the fact that I expect a certain level of service from Hilton and I was very underwhelmed by my interactions with the staff and plan on notifying Hilton of my experience. Moral of the story, if you get a chance to go here, I would opt for a different location.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask the concierge which building your room is in so you don't walk in blistering he...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank GlobeTrottingPanda
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear GlobeTrottingPanda......I have to apologize for the less than positive experience you had while staying at the hotel. I'm quite concerned as I can assure you (and as you can read here from other guests who have stayed here), that was not a normal experience. I have already initiated meetings with the team members you have mentioned to ensure that they are giving their very best at all times and also to ensure that they give every guest our great resort/hotel map that clearly shows the easiest way to get around our beautiful hotel. A full orientation upon check-in is our standard and this includes clear direction to the convenient parking.

Clearly we missed in meeting your expecations and for that I am sorry. I'm very proud of our service levels as we are rated as one of the best Embassy's in the network. Clearly we have some work to do as we continue to work hard to do better and better and pay attention to the details.

I am glad you found the location convenient and the room clean and that you thought our housekeeping team did a good job. I hope you give us another chance on your next trip to Tempe to do much better. Besides, you'll have to come see our hotel after the renovation has been completed.

Thanks again for posting your comments. All comments help us get better and better.

arizona
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is in such a great location!..you can get into Scottsdale by staying right on the main road, Rural Rd. that the hotel is on..The rooms are so roomy and the beds are so comfortable. The rooms are very clean and there is also a wonderful mexican restaurant attached to the hotel that is very good!. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast that is all free is the best we have ever had staying anywhere else..anything from omelettes to french toast and it just had alot! We will definitely be staying here again!..Dont let any of the reviews that talk about this hotel remodeling scare you. It will all be even better once they are done and it is nice to see a hotel put some money back into their property. Great Memorial Day weekend!..Thank you Embassy Suites Tempe!

Room Tip: as per all the other reviews, it is a good idea to ask for rooms on the inner courtyard area..the ma...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear bnanafana.....wow, thanks!!! We in fact did open our brand new breakfast area on May 25th and it has received rave reviews already. It's so much better than the old location. We can't wait for you to come back and see it for yourself. I'm also glad you enjoyed our rooms.....we have the very best housekeeping team here!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these great comments. We hope to see you again very soon.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel was undergoing remodel, which did not affect our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The kids loved the large pool, surrounded by plenty of loungers and trees. Breakfast was plenty, full buffet of hot and cold items. If back in Arizona we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear w2d.....I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel including the amenities and our great breakfast. We opened our brand new breakfast area on May 25th so I hope you got to see that before you left.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were visitng for our daughters graduation and were only staying for 2 nights.

We found the staff friendly and willing to accomodate their guests. It was extremely hot during our stay and coming straight from the airport it was nice to get a couple of free cold drinks at the managers reception.
We found our room to be clean and comfortable. Toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn.
Breakfast is complimentary.
We did not use the pool but those who did seemed to be enjoying themselves.

There was some remodeling of lobby and the restaurant taking place but we did not hear any noise and it looks like they are nearing completion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear mauimom.....thank you for posting your comments here. I'm glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us and congratulations to your daughter!! How proud you must be!!

The renovation of our lobby and restaurant is now complete and I have posted photos of the new areas on this site. The breakfast area is truely beautiful and modern and makes that experience in the morning so much better.

I hope you'll return to our hotel again in the future but until then, safe travels.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2012

They were going through the middle of a remodeling, and went above and beyond to make us feel wecome and accommodated. They were super busy, as there was a large group staying there for a conference. The room was in good condition, but not as modern as I thought. The breakfast was good, although the omlette makers were not the best. We just stayed one night to leave early the next morning on a flight out of Pheonix. It's perfect, 15 minutes from the airport and they provide transportation. Since they were transporting the group in the morning to the site of the conference, they called us a private car for transport and that was NICE! Not something I expected. Very reasonable and nice resort. Would recommend.

Room Tip: It seemed like the whole place was peaceful, but I would stay away from the pool area if you prefer...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luv2travel30..... as always I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive and honest comments about your brief stay with us. You'll be happy to know that the renovation of the lobby and restaurant in now complete and it's beautiful. I've posted new photos on this site so you can see it.

I hope you will return soon and stay longer next time. Safe travels.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The team at Embassy Suites Tempe made our stay Apr 21-28th an excellent experience. Carla, Jeremy, John, Ty, Dan, Mary and Peter are top notch in Customer Service!!! We will be returning to Embassy Suites in Tempe on future trips. The renovations has no impact on your stay. We highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Kelly C......how kind of you to take the time to post such positive comments about your stay. And for highlighting a few of our excellent team here.....I'll let them all know you appreciated their efforts. Thanks for making such a strong recommendation and we very much look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the very near future.

Cheers! And thanks again.