“Embassy Suites Tempe - Excellent Customer Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The team at Embassy Suites Tempe made our stay Apr 21-28th an excellent experience. Carla, Jeremy, John, Ty, Dan, Mary and Peter are top notch in Customer Service!!! We will be returning to Embassy Suites in Tempe on future trips. The renovations has no impact on your stay. We highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Kelly C......how kind of you to take the time to post such positive comments about your stay. And for highlighting a few of our excellent team here.....I'll let them all know you appreciated their efforts. Thanks for making such a strong recommendation and we very much look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the very near future.

Cheers! And thanks again.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Checked into the Embassy Suites one evening after traveling across the country. The lobby is closed and under construction and there is a temporary setup in another part of the hotel. The disruption isn't too terribly bad and it is only temporary. My assigned room just happened to be about as far away from the office as possible so I took my key and entered my room. Funny, I didn't think I had made arrangements for sharing a room. After taking one step into the room I noticed someone's bag, wallet on the bar and I heard the shower running. I immediately went back across the property to the office only to have the guy at the desk give me the third degree....are you sure there was someone else in there? I was absolutely sure. They were very apologetic finally, assigned me another suite and said they would make it up to me and give me a call to discuss how they would make it better. The call never came, they didn't offer any sort of benefit to me. Mistakes are made. I get that. But to question me when I told them there was someone already in that room and then to say they would make it up to me as an empty promise just doesn't sit well with me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ohana3D
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Ohana3D........First, I want to thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you agree that the lobby and restaurant construction that is underway was not that bad. We have worked hard to ensure minimal disruption to all of our guests. The good news is we are less than 2 weeks from it being complete (May 14th) and then we'll be in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant.

All I can do is apologize about the mix-up at check-in and for the lack of follow-up. I appreciate you pointing that out and providing a learning opportunity for us to get better. Our team continually strives to provide excellent guest service but we missed on delivering here. I hope you accept my apology.

I do hope we see you again at the hotel in the future. Safe travels.

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Was very suprised with this hotel. Staff was very well trained and really friendly. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear JGB216.....I'm very glad we surprised you in a positive way! Thanks for recognizing our great team here at the hotel.

Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We just spent two weeks at the Embassy Suites in Tempe. I cannot say enough about how womderful the staff there is. Every single person went out of their way to make the stay comfortable and accomodate the guest. The breakfast staff is great and the selection is terrific. The front desk staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The shuttle drivers are also accomodating. I cannot say enough for how much we enjoyed this stay and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mary P.......we loved having you at the hotel! And thanks for recognizing the great staff here. I'm biased but I do think they are pretty good!!

We very much look forward to seeing you back at the hotel very soon.....I bet you can't wait to see the newly renovated lobby and our completely brand new breakfast area. It's going to be awesome and improve the experience so much!!

Thanks again for posting such great comments. We really appreciate it!!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed the Embassy Suites-Tempe for a long weekend. This was my fourth stay in five years. The lobby and Mexican restaurant are currently under renovation, and the current breakfast area will be eventually remodeled and become part of the lobby area. It will be exciting to see the completed product when I return in a year or so.

As for my present stay, the pool/hot tub were great. The breakfast options had a good variety, and I am looking forward to having it in the Mexican restaurant, which will allow for greater seating options. The current space is cramped, and if the weather is cool, eating outside is not very appealing. The Manager's Reception was very popular...decent drinking and snack options. Wi-Fi is available in every room, and I enjoyed the new HD televisions and channel options.

I prepaid for my room, and went a notch higher for a pool-view. Since the hotel was booked, I was given a room that overlooked the 60 Freeway. Since I was not in the room much and got checked-in early, I chose not to say anything about it. However, the rooms are not sound-proofed and you can hear too much of the traffic noise if you are a lighter sleeper. Keep that in mind if you stay here and are a lighter sleeper.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone: Families, groups, etc. It is in a safe, nice area of Tempe. Arizona Mills is not far away, along with shops/restaurants in Scottsdale and Chandler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway area if you are a lighter sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Viking78......I need to thank you very much for writing such a nice, detailed review of our hotel and your stay. I'm sure many travelers considering staying here will find your comments helpful, so thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and also to you posting how much better our breakfast experience is once we move over to the new space on May 14th. We are so excited and can't wait!!

Thanks again.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

stayed there 3 nights, good location, loverly spaceus modern rooms, nice pool area, decent restraunt food, breakfast was well over crowded everyday but they are renovating the area & will be nice when its done.
Only gripe was I asked for a quite room & was put in 309 facing rural road & the traffic noise never stopped all night so had to get some ear plugs for rest of stay.
Got a deal off here with 'free wifi' (c'mon who charges in hotels for wifi these days ?) but they still tried to charge me until I corrected them
Overall would stay here again though

Room Tip: freeway on one side & noisy main road @ front so if you want some sleep, pick your room carefull...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear andyrob1971........i want to thank you for providing such positive comments about your stay with us. I'm very sorry about the noise from the road......it seems that some nights/days it is worse than others.

And you are right.....our renovation that I proudly speak of so often will be completed by June 15th. Until then our great team is providing all the services and amenities we normally do. The renovation is far from the rooms as you know and it has caused very little disturbance to our guests. It's one of the great things about the layout of our hotel.

We hope to see you back very soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our family likes to stay in Embassy Suites; especially good value with breakfast and happy hour. This particular location had good set-up for breakfast: separate line for cooked-to-order items (eggs, omelets, pancakes) and separate lines for serve yourself items (hot and cold). I hope it is equally efficient after the renovation.
Only complaint is lack of pool towels; even after asking at front desk it was about 30 minutes until towels were provided at the pool area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

CurlyLagunaHills_CA.......thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about our hotel. Breakfast and the Manager's Reception are two of our core brand standards (along with our two-room suites) and so I'm glad you and your family recognize that value. And it will just get better after the renovation as we will be building a new lobby bar (for Manager's Reception) in our expanded lobby and moving breakfast into a much larger space in the restaurant. So you will really enjoy your next trip here!

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again very soon.