All reviews light rail bed was comfortable rates furniture convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here on April 09 for 1 night. Amy checked me in and she was fast and efficient. The hotel room was clean and the bed was comfortable. This hotel is older and in rough shape. The furniture and bedding is old, but well maintained. Heather (manager) was a consummate professional. She took care of some reservation mistakes and made me feel welcome. Overall, a great stay

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear ChuckMosher - Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. :)

Reviewed March 20, 2019

Don't let the rating fool you as it did me. Pick a different location, TRUST ME! The manager wasn't the most welcoming. They are trying to do some kind of renovation, but in reality, they need to level it and start over. Tools and cleaning supplies left out front right where you enter the office. The front office area also doubles as the smoking lounge for the workers apparently, where you can hear the manager yell at the homeless and vagrants that are trying to go through the dumpsters. Did I mention that this isn't a great part of town? The room itself is outdated even though the tile in the shower was recently remodeled...kind of. There were big patches of missing grout. They will be redoing this again sometime in the future I imagine after the shower ruins what they have done. Grabbed a towel after my shower and it was dirty. Told the housekeeping and she just looked at me and smiled. GROSS!! Here are the positives, cheap price, close to the freeway. That's about it. I will never stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear Guest - Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. We do hope that you allow us the opportunity to welcome you again and to prove that this was an exception from our normal offerings. Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Staff was not helpful, nice or even apologetic about my reservation, nor the man in front of me checking in, about the complications in our reservations. The man in front of me, not at all of his own fault, had his reservation booked out a month from the actual day that he set it for due to a website scheduling problem. They basically just turned him away saying too bad, this has happened 6 or 7 times in the past week, we don't have a room for you you'll have to find something else - at 10pm during Spring Training in Phoenix. Good luck finding a reasonably priced hotel at that point! No apology was even provided to the man.
I had booked my room purposely about 6wks in advance as I knew that Spring Training would be happening while I was there. I had used a Discover credit card online through a central booking system to reserve the room. It was a nonrefundable reservation. When I arrived, they informed me that they didn't take Discover but if I had another or cash I could keep the reservation. It was the only card that I had with me and didn't have enough cash on me. I called someone at home to read me another card number, as the front desk girl said if we had another number she could run that card, but when I got the number she stated that she can't take the number unless they physically have it in front of them. If I had the card, they could have just run it and I wouldn't have to give them the number! The girl working the desk got her manager during this time, Heather, to let me know the same information. She was extremely RUDE. They didn't provide any direction or help on nearby hotels that maybe could even assist me. I then got on the phone with the central booking website to try to get the situation fixed. The manager was so irritated that I was even there by that time that she just cancelled the reservation, to my insistence that I wouldn't be charged for this nonrefundable reservation. By that time it was about 11pm and I still didn't have a hotel. I ended up having to book nearby hotels for the next 3 nights that I would be there that ended up costing me triple of what I had planned staying in this hotel for those nights, $600 compared to the $200 I had planned on with booking this reservation early. I don't know what the rooms looked like as I never got that far but I can tell you that this hotel is in a sketchy part of town with multiple transients in and near the parking lot while I was on the phone in the parking lot for over an hour, alone, single girl, with no care or interest from the hotel staff. I will never stay there again, oh wait, I didn't even stay there. The General Manager, Heather, was very rude about the whole situation and they provided NO customer service!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Heidi - On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

Most disgusting place I’ve ever seen! Nothing clean about it. Rude staff, heather, their manager is very unprofessional and rude. Rooms are dirty, unsanitary, and very outdated!!!!! Rooms smell and are nothing like photos! Sheets are torn and dirty.... hairs in our bed. Pillows look like 10 years old and carpet is a walking disease for anyone to walk on. Walls are filthy and doors barley close! Nothing good about hotel!!! Nothing!!!! We walked out in 5 min! Money was non refundable! It’s alright, they need it to fix something!!!! Good luck to anyone staying here! Hotel should be shut down by osha

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear Cynthiaabascal - On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have a chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night. Neither of the wifi ports worked despite trying many times and having the manager reset the equipment.
Room is outdated and not too clean but acceptable for the price.
There was no soap or shampoo in the room when I checked in and I had to go to the office to get some. The excuse was :a new cleaning lady’s” fault.
Poor selection of TV channels (no major channels for either news or entertainment available!).

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear Jacob - Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and offer your feedback about your stay. I am deeply regretful that we failed to meet your expectations and that you did not receive the level of excellent service that we strive to provide for all our guests. We will certainly take this opportunity to coach our team on these areas to prevent these issues from occurring going forward. We do hope that you allow us the opportunity to welcome you again and to prove that this was an exception from our normal offerings. Thank you again for your valuable feedback!