Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University
$79
$67
Aloft.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$109
$64
$51
$44
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $64/night.

$79
$71
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

All reviewslight raileasy accessgreat place to stayratesconvenience
Reviewed April 17, 2014

As soon as we drove up, my partner stated "This place is dodgy", and I agree. Across the street is an empty lot and directly next to it are abandoned and boarded up buildings. There were always some weirdos on bikes in the parking lot. People who run this place seem nice enough, but the property is gross. Cigarette burns in sheets and blankets. And the WORST thing is that all the lights are on timers, so you can't even take a dump without the bathroom light shutting off on you!!! I would never stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank April U
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

To put it simply, don't stay here. The room smelled terrible - stale with an overwhelming scent of some type of cloying air freshener, covering up a combination of bad smells that I couldn't identify. The bedspread featured what appeared to be crusty, melted candy. We immediately removed it and the questionable blanket underneath, only to discover cigarette burns in the sheet. We vowed to be in the room for as short a time as possible. The bathroom was not visibly dirty, thankfully, but I refused to touch anything in that room with my bare hand. The staff was very pleasant...I only wish I could say the same about the accommodations.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank rachieo
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The prices are good, and the rooms are clean and comfortable, but I wouldn't stay here again. My friend and walked two blocks at about 7 p.m. to the nearest light rail station to go to the New Year's Eve block party. Along the way we were approached twice to buy drugs, and saw several prostitutes and homeless people. At the rail station, a young man told us not to ever walk around this area along after dark. I guess it's okay if you only drive in, stay in your room, and leave.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This motel is hard to find if it is dark and you are coming from the East on I-10. The Mapqwest directions said one could make a U-turn on E. Apache (which is divided), but we waited through two red lights and never got a green left turn arrow. So we drove on to where we could turn left, turned around, drove back. The motel has a high wall around the parking lot, which is good. The room was OK and the internet worked. There was no breakfast, just coffee in the morning. It is not that close to Arizona State University, certainly not within walking distance.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room toward the back, as that would make the parking seem safer.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed for one night to see in gig in tempe. Staff was friendly and professional even though one group of customers were behaving rather rudely. Neat, clean, cheap motel. What you see is what you get.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends