“Certainly no Irish hospitality here”
Review of Rula Bula

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rula Bula
Ranked #3 of 29 Nightlife in Tempe
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Ok. In my last review I was very impressed with this place. I didn't even get a chance to sample the Guinness pie this time. But it seems that the management have changed here. This in turn has led to a very poor and unfriendly experience.

I was visiting from Ireland and went here on St Patrick's Day. There was a long queue to get in. I checked with the person on the door if there was a charge. To my astonishment he said there was a $10 cover charge to enter. I asked what I got for that, he simply said that I got into the bar. There was no way I was paying a cover charge just to go in to this place,

Luckily there is now a new and more authentic Irish bar further up the street so I went there. No coverage and excellent service as well as a nice crowd. I will not be back in Rula Bula and would not recommend it in future unless there is some serious change at this place.

1  Thank thejournalist
There are newer reviews for Rula Bula

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I have friends who live and Tempe. They suggested we go to this bar as I was visiting from Ireland and wanted to see how it compared to a real Irish pub.

I was very impressed. Great staff and pretty decent Guinness. But the highlight was without doubt the Guinness Pie. I have tried this in many places around the world. This one beat many bars at home who offer this on the menu. I loved it so much I visited again before leaving Tempe and had it again.

I had no issues with service. Someone complained about having to wait 15 minutes without getting table service. Go to the bar and order unless you are too lazy. If you were in Ireland you could be waiting 15 years to get served if you just sat at your table.

I will be back here on my next visit to Tempe.

Reviewed September 27, 2009

My companion and I were seated (early Sunday afternoon) and no one came over, even to take drink orders, for over 15 MINUTES (actually no one ever came over - we got up and left). When I complained, they were rude and uncaring. Stay far, far away!!!!!

1  Thank figgiemom731