“Excellent early Sunday breakfast”
Review of Caffe Boa

Caffe Boa
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Boa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 790 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Transit: Metro stop 1 block away, Tempe Town Lake, ASU
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I drove over to Tempe while visiting Phoenix. We parked close to Caffe Boa and it looked interesting, so we tried it. We arrived on a Sunday a.m. just as it opened at 10:00 a.m. I love espresso and they have a full espresso/coffee bar. The coffee was strong and wonderful, just the way I like it! My husband ordered the Mediterranean omelet and I ordered the nova lox on flatbread. Our food came within 10 minutes and it all tasted excellent, very fesh ingredients. We ate outside under the flowering gables and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and food. The waiter was attentive and nice. We would eat here again.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

While food was decent, it was greatly overpriced. They ran our of the special fish and substituted with a lesser fish and yet still charged way too much. Service was amateurish. Way over priced for the quality,

1  Thank nina1234755
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a nice lunch. Mussels and flatbread as an appetizer (mussels great, bread just OK). pasta, nicoise salad, and a salmon sandwich we shared. Food was solid, but not great, the salad and sandwich were both a bit bland. Wines by the glass were good.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Caffe Boa and while the food was very good; the service left a lot to be desired. The restaurant wasn't all that busy but it took way too much time to get our food. After waiting forty-five minutes after placing our ourder, the host of our lunch asked the server when we would get our food and was told it was being plated just then. 15 minutes later the host asked again only to be rebuffed with, "This isn't a fast food restaurant; everything is prepared fresh and we don't rush things." The question wasn't on whether the food was prepared fresh or hurriedly, it was when we could expect our food. Our host explained that we had been told 15 minutes earlier that it was being plated and we had yet to see our food. With a brusque, "Well I don't know why they told you that when it wasn't true; I'll go check." Magically, our food appeared. I'm not sure I'd go back, only because while the food is excellent, the service and attitude of the staff really take a lot of the enjoyment out of dining there.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

How can an upscale Italian restaurant not serve any type of bread with their pasta dishes? Really? While visiting the area, our hosts specifically wanted to experience this restaurant. While the food was very good, the drink pour (I ordered scotch) was very "light". My husband order the spaghetti and meatballs and I had the capellini with calamari. A bit pricey for what you get. And what you get is no bread with your pasta.