“Mixed Feelings But Will Go Back”
Review of Caffe Boa

Caffe Boa
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Boa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 786 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Transit: Metro stop 1 block away, Tempe Town Lake, ASU
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited with a work group, 7 in all. The decor is very nice and well styled. They feature "naked" wines, that have no additives. I waited the longest for my wine, to find out they forgot I ordered it. It is times like these I wish finer restaurants would write orders down, especially for large groups. It is a little mistake and the female servers were nice and pleasant.

PROS: The antipasto meats and cheeses were a great starter, It was easy to share and high quality. The voodoo pasta was great, the chipotle cream sauce had a great flavor. The food was warm and the pasta was done just right. The dessert was great, our group ordered all options on the menu to taste each, they were very good.

CONS: Others in the group had problems with their food. One ordered a salmon sandwich but the toasted bread was too hard to eat as a sandwich. A co-worker with a nut allergy ordered the salmon salad that is suppose to have almonds (as listed on the menu, she doesn't have a problem with almonds), but had hazelnuts instead. The server assured her that the hazelnuts were really almonds - it wasn't until my co-worker pushed the issue that they checked with the kitchen to find out they were actually hazelnuts. The servers, although friendly, had to be asked repeatably to bring things - like silverware.

Overall I would have to try Caffe Boa again to see if the food problems were a fluke.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Bartender (Zach) was attentive and friendly (and knowledgable), food was very good, service was attentive, pleasant. Good value - would go back for a repeat visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I come for a conference in Tempe every year and the first few years I made a point of going to this restaurant every time I visited. However, a few years ago the food seemed to slip in quality and the reviews in Tripadvisor said the same thing so I stopped going.
This year some friends wanted to go there and I was pleasantly surprised by the meal. The service was adquate (and quick - I had a meeting to go to so I asked them to move quickly). They were out of Prosecco (odd for an Italian restaurant) but the had an acceptable Cava.

The food was excellent for the most part - very good proscuitto and melon, I had a pasta dish with pulled pork in a garlic and wine white sauce with Meyer Lemon - the daily special, that was very nice and both my companions liked their food as well (lasagne and spaghetti with meatballs). I had the "Strawberries and Crean" dessert as well which was very good.

The service was reasonable but not quite as professional as I would have expected, it seems a bit casual.

I think they have redone the room as well but it was very acceptable decor.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food was ok. The menu is pretty limited. The food is not so tasty, I did not understand why is so popular

1  Thank Yaneth L
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a delightful meal on the patio in the midst of the bougainvillea vines.
Our server went out of her way to help us understand the menu and the special features of this restaurant. We appreciated the organic food and free-range meats, and the combination of Italian and Croatian food made it even more interesting. In addition, the wine menu includes an extensive array of wines by the glass or by the bottle.
The artichoke appetizer was so delicious that we literally cleaned the plate to not miss a drop of the incredible lemon cream sauce, and all the pasta entrees were extremely satisfying and included a great selection of ingredients.