“Neighborhood Mexican hits the spot”
Review of Casa Reynoso

Casa Reynoso
Ranked #86 of 809 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It can get expensive to eat during Spring Training. Our party wanted somewhat expensive sushi, but my sister-in-law suggested Tex-Mex. Never found one that appealed, but tripped over this place. It's in a strip mall ( seems like lots of places are in Arizona) so we were a little skeptical. When we got in there, it was a bit empty, although a large party was due soon. It's a bit beat- up looking, but clean enough. The prices were great. The food was hot and very much like the food at our favorite Mexican places at home. The flour-cheese crisp thing was fun - can't make it at home because they used a handmade flour tortillas- yum. Beans and rice were highly touted, but didn't find them particularly special- maybe our meighborhood places all do good rice and beans. The server was a nice girl - no issues. The surprise was when we left - there must have been 6-8 parties waiting - maybe 30 people. So the locals must know something!

1  Thank kc1wong

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first trip to Casa Reynoso. It took a little while to get our quesadilla to our table, but the green chili was still cooking AND it was barely 11am on a Sunday.

Gollo burro with green chili is all you need. Perfection at it's best. Don't expect queso dip and appetizer platters...this is simplistic and extraordinarily tasty.

1  Thank Hannahbears_mom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm from Globe/Miami and this is the style of Mexican food I grew up on. Not the dark red enchilada sauce but a milder, smoother sauce. The server, Richard, knows that I order the same thing (combo #5, burro with sauce, taco, enchilada) every time so he has my order in by the time I am seated. This is the ultimate comfort food for me. I am never, ever disappointed and leave feeling very full and very happy. Family owned and operated so sometimes looks like it could use a refresh, but with no big chain money behind it, I understand that. Always clean, good service, great food.

2  Thank miamigrad1969
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I ate dinner here last night. Just to put our review into perspective,we are from the east coast and have not had much experience with good Mexican food. Overall, we thought the food was the best Mexican we have ever had and the food is very reasonable priced. For dinner we ordered combo platters containing tacos, burros, rellenos and enchiladas. We both agreed that the burro and the relleno were incredible. The only thing we didn't like was the guacamole appetizer. It did not appear to be freshly made and came out cold seved on a bed of lettuce. Other than that, everything was delicious and the service was good!

3  Thank spdst13
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was visiting/vacationing in AZ and wanted authentic Mexican food before heading back home. I read the reviews on TA and decided to try Casa Reynoso. It did take awhile to get our food, which I'm not sure why, possibly because it was homemade or there were 5 of us dining together. I had the tamale with green chile sauce (*excellent*) and taco. It was worth the wait and I would absolutely recommend this restaurant. The prices were very reasonable also. When I am back in town I will definately return.

2  Thank kdh48187