“My favorite for many years”
Review of Casa Reynoso

Casa Reynoso
Ranked #94 of 766 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Mexican
Mesa, Arizona
“My favorite for many years”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm from Globe/Miami and this is the style of Mexican food I grew up on. Not the dark red enchilada sauce but a milder, smoother sauce. The server, Richard, knows that I order the same thing (combo #5, burro with sauce, taco, enchilada) every time so he has my order in by the time I am seated. This is the ultimate comfort food for me. I am never, ever disappointed and leave feeling very full and very happy. Family owned and operated so sometimes looks like it could use a refresh, but with no big chain money behind it, I understand that. Always clean, good service, great food.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank miamigrad1969

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Mexican food at a very reasonable price”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I ate dinner here last night. Just to put our review into perspective,we are from the east coast and have not had much experience with good Mexican food. Overall, we thought the food was the best Mexican we have ever had and the food is very reasonable priced. For dinner we ordered combo platters containing tacos, burros, rellenos and enchiladas. We both agreed that the burro and the relleno were incredible. The only thing we didn't like was the guacamole appetizer. It did not appear to be freshly made and came out cold seved on a bed of lettuce. Other than that, everything was delicious and the service was good!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank spdst13
Canton, Michigan
“Great Mexican Food, I'll Be Back”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was visiting/vacationing in AZ and wanted authentic Mexican food before heading back home. I read the reviews on TA and decided to try Casa Reynoso. It did take awhile to get our food, which I'm not sure why, possibly because it was homemade or there were 5 of us dining together. I had the tamale with green chile sauce (*excellent*) and taco. It was worth the wait and I would absolutely recommend this restaurant. The prices were very reasonable also. When I am back in town I will definately return.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank kdh48187
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Best Mexican Food in the World”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is Mexican cooking in the "Globe-Miami" Style: great flavor without the overpowering picante of New Mexico, silly trendy ingredients of Southern California, or out-of-a-can trash sometimes found in Texas. It is the only restaurant ever where we order extra food to take home and freeze. Friends around the world have asked us to bring the frozen burros (called burritos in lesser places) as gifts when we visit. Wonderful place!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Richard D
Green Valley, Arizona
“Family Run - Classic Mexican Restaurant - Thumbs UP!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

In Phoenix for 2 day seminar - hungry for Mexican food but didn't want "chain" style Mex... Read reviews on TA & decided to give Casa Reynoso a try. Very reasonable prices - good portions & great food. Only complaint might be the type size on menu is a little small - told waiter was I was hungry for - which happened to be the days special (nothing fancy - 2 beef enchiladas, rice & beans) $8 - what's not to like about that!?! If ur in the area - give this one a try! Thumbs up!

1 Thank Debbie85614