“Great Thai restaurant in Tempe”

Siamese Cat Thai Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 759 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Tempe, Arizona
“Great Thai restaurant in Tempe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2008

Wow the last review was tough..... my experience was exactly the opposite. This place was great. Check out several other websites and you will see similar opinions to mine.

This is not a super fancy place, but considering the reasonable cost, friendly and efficient service, great food and low key ambiance I have to give this place 5 stars. The lady serving us told me that this restauarnt had been around for 25 years - so it seems to have done well in a very competitive market. Strange that this was my first time despite having lived in Tempe for nearly 20 years.

What was really nice was that they had several good choices for vegetarians. One of us had the Yellow curry in coconut milk with tofu, cabbage, water chestnuts, potato, carrots and onions vegetables in a light yellow curry sauce - boy was that very tasty.

The price was very reasonable ($21 +tip) for a shared starter and 2 x entrees. We chatted to the lady and she was kind enough to give us a discount for our next visit..

The restaurant was fairly busy on a Friday night with a typical cosmopolitan Tempe crowd, but we were able to get a seat right away. The folks at the next table were trying the various deserts, but unfortunately I'm trying to lose weight - maybe next time....The Sangkhaya Coconut custard - a Thai custard made with coconut cream) looks good. We will definately add this to our list of great local restaurants.

phoenix
“Hated the Pad Thai”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

I ordered the Pad Thai to go. It was really bad ( one of the worst Pad Thais I have eaten ) !!! so I do not intend to go here again ... I did see excellent reviews on other sites for this restaurant. Unfortunately, I cannot echo that sentiment ....

Disclosure:
* I ordered to go and ate at my desk
* I am not from Thailand

I will let others make up their own minds... Thanks ..