“Fresh and delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I just happened upon this restaurant while running errands and saw the sign. The restaurant is cozy and nicely decorated. I ordered the Greek salad with chicken and it was amazingly good. The lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes were extremely fresh and there was a bonus of a few pomegranate seeds tossed in with a selection of olives. The chicken was nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked. The hummus was also very tasty and did not have too much garlic, which was a bonus. There were quite a few lunch specials on the menu all of were reasonably priced. I plan to go back for dinner soon.

Visited January 2011

San Diego, California
“be sure to ask about the specials”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This friendly, family-run spot (recently moved from its former location on Mill Avenue) has a loyal following (including many middle-eastern students from ASU) and in my opinion offers the best middle-eastern food in the area. Grandmother does the cooking and a grand-daughter helps wait on tables. There are often delicious specials not on the menu--be sure to ask.

1 Thank Tony C
minnesota
“So Good, I want to go back for more”
Reviewed November 12, 2006

The food is delicious. The taste of everything is so good, it will get you craving it for days afterwords...of course I was only visiting Tempe, so now I hope to find a place like this in my town. I thought the restaurant was clean and didn't notice anything like the previous reviewer. The food was amazing. The staff was nice and helpful, I'd definitly go back.

NY
“Great Food, Dirty Restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I've eaten at Sahara about a dozen times. The food has always been delicious and the service friendly. Usually my meals were for a quick lunch, where I would go with co-workers. I never really bothered to look around. However, about a year ago my husband, my 1 year old son and I ate there. When you have a child you look at things a little differently. This time I actually noticed things such as the cleanliness of a restaurant, especially when your baby keeps dropping his toys on the floor, grabs the window blinds and tries to gum the table and anything in his reach. First, the high chair wasn't just dirty it was filthy, filthy, filthy. Everything was filthy, the floor, the table edge, the most disgusting window blinds I have ever seen in a restaurant (gag). It wasn't just all the dried food bits, there was actual grunge and oily, black dirt everywhere. The floor looked as if it hadn't been washed in MONTHS. The walls were so disgusting, I couldn't believe they let their place get like that. Even my husband was grossed out. It was so dirty that we've never been back. Mind you, our meal was very tasty. Our waiter was great. Overall the restaurant is orderly. It's like a bachelor pad that has been straightened out for a date, but is still dirty; there's no clothes on the bathroom floor but the sinks and toilet are disgusting; like there's been a pick-up but no soap or scrubbing is involved...That's what it's like at Sahara. If you could only clean up your act Sahara!

1 Thank I_heart_my_dogs