“GREAT range and nice staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 56 things to do in Tempe
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“GREAT range and nice staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went here twice with friends when visiting Tempe. Shot at the pistol range both times. The air handling and air conditioning is the best I have ever experienced at any indoor range, and I've been to dozens across the country. The air in the range was cool and clean, something that is hard to do at indoor ranges especially when it was 105F outside!
I didn't buy anything but range time and ammo but noted that they have extensive stock.
Their memberships seem to offer quite a bit, including free range time and free loaner weapons for you to try.
Most importantly to me was that the sales staff and the range officers were very nice and quite polite.

Visited June 2013

Casa Grande, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

C2 Tactical has a great selection of guns and accessories. It's very clean and has an open feel. The employees are friendly and very helpful. I live in Casa Grande and the location is perfect. While in the shooting range a range master (Rico) gave me some tips on how to improve my shooting accuracy. I basically got a free lesson from him. Thanks Rico!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bradygalpal
Maricopa, Arizona
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“LOOKING IN THE FUTURE--COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had Tripadvisor remove my 3/12/2013 review since it needed to be edited now and not in three months. This was the first time I felt this needed to be done on one of my reviews.

On 3/12/2013 I checked out the new Caswells Shooting Range in Tempe-it's across from IKEA. The correct name for this location is C2 TACTICAL. After this experience, I requested Tripadvisor list this business on its site.

Just remember it's my opinion as they have opening issues that weren't corrected on my visit. I will revisit this range in the near future and report back. As I entered, I had no idea where to check in for a shooting range. There were no signs--just like the photos on their Website--http://www.C2tactical.com/---BUT there were salespeople talking among themselves. No one came to welcome me to their new location. I approached one salesperson and inquired where is the check-in area? They pointed and said over there. Ok, I got checked in, "what do you need?" I was asked. I have everything I need. You MUST purchase OUR targets, really? Ok, so I did. I was assigned to shoot in lane 15 first, then changed to lane 12 due to range staffing. The main issue with this range is their target handling system. Currently all is does is send and return targets down range. The above reflects my first experience here.

On 03/28/2013, I returned to C2 Tactical to revisit this location. For me, I found the current setup of the target handling system is the major weakness of the range. It's designed to preform many functions including but not limited to target turning upon programming. I inquired and was told, yes it can be programed like I want BUT NOT YET! At some unknown future date, this will be operational.

I generally shoot 200 .45 ACP cartridges when I practice. Just shooting at a stationary target is not appealing at all. In fact it gets very boring after a few rounds. If the C2 targets can be programmed for movement, then I would have shot more than today's 100 rounds. In the real world, no one stands still! If you can't lock on a target, check the background and fire within a second or two, you're not ready for prime time.

I purchased the large target that can be viewed in my photos. I had two problems:#1 upon return to "home", the target does a fast/high torque 360 degree spin as it ripped the large target. #2, After that 360 spin, a small wooden clothespin holding the target to the device came apart at the spring area. It was easy to reassemble but C2 needs a superior way to attach targets. For my next visit, I will use the smaller targets.

About my ratings: I do not throw out high or lower ratings without a reason. C2 Tactical is new with their Grand Opening on April 20, 2013. They appear to be in a "beta" operating system right now working out any problems. Some reviews state this is the best range around. In time C2 might become one of the best, BUT not yet as I truly hope they meet that goal as I want to become a Group member.

This time, I found the store's sales staff very helpful which raised my rating. I am or was in the market for a true left hand automatic pistol. Salesman Mark took the time to find a manufacturer of a truly left handed hand gun in their regular production. This was great but the Website cost was very high, $5,250 for a left handed 1911? Just not worth it for a handgun that had very limited resale value.

MEMBERSHIP COST: The lowest cost $149.95 annual membership has a $10 range fee each time you shoot. Over time this could be costly depending upon how often you shoot at C2.. The next package is $489.95 annual, with no extra range fees, which I feel is too high. I am trying to a Squad Package for a group of ten--if I can get 10 together with the $$. There is a military discount that reduces the non-member fee to $8 from $15 for each visit. Just bring proof of service--I finally found a use for my wallet size DD 214 that I had made in 12/69!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank PropellerJourney
Phoenix, AZ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Best indoor range in Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been here a number of times since its recent opening. Very large & brand new air conditioned indoor shooting range with 23 lanes. Close to airport in Tempe & right off freeway. Great staff ready to assist with any need. Have the standard guns for rent most handguns glock,etc. AR15, shotgun, rifles, .22. They can provide you with all the items for a fun day of shooting.

Visited March 2013