“Best toasted subs ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cheba Hut II

Cheba Hut II
Ranked #151 of 759 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best toasted subs ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, by far in the top 5 of where I like to eat. First start off by saying I go to the one on 59th avenue and Olive most of the time cuz its closest to me, however I have been to the one in Tempe a few times as well. LOVE the atmosphere, stoner theme, reggae and hippie designs all over with a HUGE fake joint hung up in the middle of the restaurant lol. Its fun to just look around in there. I always get the White Widow (chicken bacon ranch) you can pick from nug, pinner, or blunt. And pick what you want on it. Everything is fresh, the chicken is the bomb. I can't get enough of Cheba Hut! Its a must at least a couple times a month for me :) and they also deliver! If you haven't eaten here yet you're missin out so get on it! ;)

• Visited July 2013

Mesa, Arizona
“"Toasted" subs, oh so tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just have to give a shout out to a local favorite. This review actually pertains to the Mesa, AZ Cheba Hut on Southern Avenue just north of Mesa Community College. This has always been a favorite of mine. You may or may not appreciate the "pot-head" decor and the clever sub names like Endo, Acapulco Gold or Panama red but you will find delicious subs freshly made and toasted. Once you select your sub you can go "all the way" with additional toppings or just have it straight up as listed on the menu board. Sizes are a 4" Nug, the 8" Pinner or the full 12" Blunt. Despite the "wink, wink" Mary Jane references, posters and artwork these hippies make a mean sub. These are not aging hippies but rather young folks with a sub-culture kinda look. There's a great soundtrack always running and I've heard classics from Led Zeppelin and Van Morrison to newer drop beat stuff from the XX and the Dining Rooms. It's not your usual sub shop. If you are dining in you get a 3x3 laminated card of a classic album cover to put at your table so they can know where to bring your order. I have not tried every sub (yet!) but I have never been disappointed. Many folks rave on the White Widow (chicken breast in homemade ranch sauce and mushrooms, bacon and provolone. very good but my personal favorite is "The Afghani" a spicy turkey sandwich with jalapenos and pepper jack. I almost always choose the garlic herb bread - they also have white or wheat.
You don't have to be a stoner to enjoy this place,give it a try, they have other locations here in the West.

• Visited May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“The whole place is a pot reference”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is pretty good but a little pricey. You're paying for the scene. I always like a sub shop where I can watch the sub being made- this isn't one of those places. The whole place is dedicated to marijuana. Have fun!

• Visited February 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“best sub your gonna find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been going to Cheba hut litterally since they opened their first place in Tempe so long ago. I always get the grinder or the Lakind and let me tell ya what ever they are doing here is just fantastic

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“I will not return to the Tempe, AZ location because I had ordered a chicken salad sandwich which ended up being disgusting, warm”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I will not return to the Tempe, AZ location because I had ordered a chicken salad sandwich which ended up being disgusting, warm, and not fresh and the associate told me it was my fault for ordering it. I had eaten at this location before and received great service and food, but because I ordered something that I had no idea would. It be fresh or good, I was yelled at on the phone for ordering it. Because of very poor customer service, I will NEVER return to any other location even. Bad customer service is bad advertising!