“Worst Service, but food is Ok”
Review of Priya Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Priya Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worst Service, but food is Ok”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I had been to to Priya Indian Cuisine for the lunch buffet.
The buffet was Ok with some of the south indian items that you will able to get only in large cities like New york or LA.

The service, oh my god, this is the one of the worst service I have ever got so far in an Indian (for that matter any restaurant in US). The employees(or is it the owners ?) behave as if they are doing this business without any interest, specific example is when we asked for pani puri, they prepared it in the corner of the restaurant and kept it there in a table and assumed that we should be knowing it that it is ready and pick up. While eating one of the employee came and picked the completed plate, by splashing the content of the plates all over as if she is doing this job hatefully.

Facilities: There is no A/C in the restaurant (or may be it is not ON ), and there are only 3 fans spread across the hall and one of them do no work.

Overall the management's attitude is very bad, and the behavior is as if why they have started this business.

Los Angeles, California
“Bad Indian food in Tempe”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Traveling on business through Tempe and i got a hankering for Indian cuisine. This was the most convenient location to the hotel. I knew the dinner was off to a bad start when I went to order a vegetable samosa and was told they were out. I ordered a meat samosa instead and it was served dripping in oil The atmosphere and décor left something to be desired and my main entrée of chicken tika and naan again were very oily. For someone who has been to India and experienced the colorful cuisine and preparations I would not recommended this at all. Very budget. You can tell the establishment does not get enough busines for fresh preparation or turnover.

Tempe, AZ
“Worst worst worst!”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Hands down the worst Indian restaurant in the Phoenix area! I have been living in Tempe for almost 8 years now and I know all the Indian restaurants. I have been to Priya only twice and I regretted eating here both times.
Here is an example of their service. We went to their buffet section for a second helping and took a second plate. The owner stared at us and put up a sign that said "dont waste plates". If anyone involved with the restaurant is reading this - then here is a piece of advice - let the customers EAT IN CLEAN PLATES!!! Thats the point of a buffet. Then while we were eating, another waiter came up to our table and simply picked up our food and left, without even asking whether we were going to eat it. Then they put up another sign that says "dont waste food". OK - so here is another question for you idiots from Priya - will you charge me less if I eat less? !!!
Oh and then the food - anyone with a hell of a lot vegetable oil, chicken and some vegetables can cook what they served. It was basically oil, oil and more oil and some chicken and vegetables in between! Needless to say - it sucked.

Arizona
“The place to go for Indian Cuisine if in the East Valley of Phoenix”
Reviewed June 27, 2008

They have a wonderful Lunch Buffet with a large selection to choose from and everything I tried was cooked to perfection and the taste was out this world. The Chicken Makhani is one of those dishes that once you have it you will crave it often. This place will satisfy that craving but be careful you'll be wanting to come back again and again. If curry dishes aren't your thing you have to try the Chicken Masala which is equally as good.

The service is fast and friendly in this family restaurant. The restaurant is clean and always receives good health inspections. If you are in the East Valley of Phoenix be sure to give it a try. You won't regret it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Yummy south Indian food...”
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Yummy south Indian food! Their buffet is really good, not just tandoori chicken.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook