“A Must Try Restaurant”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mill Ave.
Transit: West on 6th Street just west of Mill Avenue.
Description: Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This restaurant is located near the Arizona State campus in the Mills District. A wide variety of southwestern cuisine choices on the menu tht are reasonably priced. This is the third time I've eaten here in the last 8 months and have never been disappointed. Last time I had the smoked chicken stuffed pablano pepper, which was one of the best meals I had ever eaten. This time I tried the seafood stew and the seafood enchiladas. both were very good and I would order them again. Wait staff is friendly and very helpfull on menu choices. I was there before the dinner crowds and was served my main course within 15 minutes of ordering. A must try if you are in the Phoenix area.

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the privilege of eating here this past weekend. We were from Tucson and out celebrating for a bachelorette party. The food was delicious! We were a party of 9 and each entrée we ordered was so good! Everyone was happy! Drinks were good too!! The service was excellent. Kory was our server. He was personable, professional and honest. Never once did he seem overwhelmed with our big party!! If were ever in the area again, we would definitely go back! Thanks for a great dinner!

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice place, the seating is a little different - low tables in the booths but nice for sharing appetizers. The food was very good, I had the skewers plate and it was excellent. Good flavor and well prepared.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This review is a tough one to write - Z'Tejas Tempe is located in a very competitive area with some fantastic alternatives. The menu has a great mix of Mexican fusion dishes and an impressive list of vegetarian options, my girlfriend appreciated that. The cornbread was hot and fresh but I didn't like the texture with corn whole kernels baked inside. There were a nice selection of draft beers and cocktails. I ordered the Santa Fe Smoked Chicken Enchilada. The smoked chicken had a really great flavor but unfortunately the dish was lukewarm when served to our table. The cheese they throw on top was not even fully melted. The chicken had some nice spice but the rest of the dish, the black beans and rice, were a little bland. My girlfriend had the grilled veggie torta, some of the vegetables were still a little too crunchy and not seasoned very well. We probably wont go back as there are better choices in the area.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Close to our hotel. Popular chain restaurant in Tempe, with an extensive menu. Very modern decor. I was with a large business group and we were seated quickly (with reservations). I had the Street Tacos appetizer. It was quite good with my huge margarita which was outstanding. Cornbread was excellent. Service was very good, but short of excellent.

Date of visit: September 2012