“Food bad, service even worse”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #78 of 920 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 26, 2019

I get walked to my table and the host tosses the menu on the table and walks away...wow, great service to start with. There's a bigger party at the table next to me with four ladies and three kids, my sever (assuming it's my server as he never actually introduced himself) walk to their table and says "Mind if I take his order really quick and I'll be right back" they say okay and he walk over to me bends down and the first words out of his mouth to me are "Women can be so demanding, know what I mean" wow...not a "Hello my name is___" just straight out the gate with sexism, cool.

He pulls out this tiny scrap of paper to write on and leans over the table to take notes. I order a Sangria and some Chicken Fajitas.

Chips came over and was nice it came with salsa and a bean dip, both tasted pretty good but most of my chips were undercooked and soggy so I didn't even bother to eat them.

Chicken Fajitas come out like 3 minutes later...seriously, did someone just hit the microwave or something? That's the way it tasted at least, just a sad little pile of dry chicken. Waiter walks by and says "Those come out fast don't they" and then kept walking....

Finally the Sangria shows up, I drink it. Waiter walks by "Need another one bud?" I say no and he walks away.

Few minutes later I see him and ask for my check, I left a terrible tip, I'm sorry, I usually don't do that but this guy literally said 19 words to me and none of them were "Hi my name is" or "How is everything"

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the food at this restaurant. The bean dip and salsa was great as were the chicken fajita quesadilla and seafood fundito! The service was top shelf also! It’s a WIN!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

We happened upon Garcia’s after looking at the menu at the adjacent Rain Forest Cafe and finding it way overpriced and not exciting. The menu is large and reasonably priced. I had a combo Chile Releno and Green Corn tamale. Both were outstanding. The complimentary chips came with both a Chile dip and a bean dip. The margaritas were huge and surprisingly affordable. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Stopped to have a beer and appetizer, chips been dip and salsa are free with meal.. we had the steak nachos that were very good, large portions and reasonably priced

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Not the most comfy space, but it is in a mall, so what do you expect. But, food and service were really good. Very large portions and very kind people.

Date of visit: January 2019