WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Tempe
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Needs improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and courteous. Night time security . But the room needs help. Prominent rust in the tub. Carpets need a good deep cleaning. Bed was ok. The bathroom towels were stained.
Good price and no frills....it's a motel 6 frills are not to be expected.
I don't think I will return

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Carrie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

There is not enough space here to describe the horribleness of this property, which looks fine from the outside. (Well, not really. the corridor walkways would need a blow torch as to get rid of the accumulated scum.) Generally -- everything is old, worn out, dirty, broken or malfunctioing here. I will be somewhat kind, and save the specifics for the letters I am writing to the managers and corporate HQ's. Let's just say the room interiors have never been "refreshed" for the history of the property, which has to be at least 10 years -- or as long as the Studio 6 concept has existed. The final, crowing insult -- as I was leaving, I used the lavatory. The toilet clogged. How appropriate, how symbolic of this visit.

Room Tip: If my room was an indicator, there aren't any good rooms here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mark Z

Travelers are raving about these Tempe hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I Have stayed here before. Good value. Nice location. Only one maid service for weekly. Petitioner friendly but i have not been charged $50 pet fee at any Motel 6 before as they advertise pet friendly. Nice pet area. Quiet nobody bothered me. Close to Arizona Mills and some conveniences. Easy access from highway. Staff has been courteous. This motel has long term guests living there. They need to update and deep clean their rooms are dirty in need of cleaning. More regular maid service would be helpful. Overall a good value.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Charles H
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I relocated to Tempe, AZ in August of this year from Wisconsin. I called myself doing alot of research on this extended stay hotel and saw a couple of bad reviews, but did not listen..after all the pictures makes it look amazing. Please be advised to listen to not only my review but the others that was placed this year alone. Let's start with the staff/management..horrible to say it nicely.

The Clientele, I had absolutely no idea what me and my seven year-old daughter was in for. How about several nights of Tempe police visits due to all the fights, drugs and prostitution. I feel like an idiot as I really did not pay attention. This is not a family place, please do not go there if you have a family. Trust me when I tell you get what you pay for at this place. The hotel has been in the news unnamed for all of the illegal activity taking place. I left immediately and was refunded my money so I am not writing this review out of malice. I really want other unsuspecting people to know that cheap in this case is not going to be the good way to go. Aside from the horrible air conditioners, dirty carpet, and several bed bug incidents its not worth it! Pay the extra money for the safety and better staff. I also have written and spoken to corporate, Accor, who operates this place and they are well aware of the issues.

Studio 6 needs a total make-over from the staff except shaunte! to the filthy rooms. The assistant manager lives on the property with kids, this amazes me! I am very happy that I left and just want others especially those traveling from other states to know.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Mia N
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My experience at Studio 6 Tempe is consistent with most all of my other Motel 6 & Studio 6 experiences, bad.

The rooms are small and cramped. Carpets are filthy and leave your feet black. AC units when used to heat set off smoke alarms since they are never cleaned and emit stinky greasy food stench.

Houskeepers and repair staff do odd things like kick on the kitchen countertop in opposing rooms sending the cooktop flying and of course making a lot of noise.

Other guests and the parking are loud, horns going off all the time, slamming of doors, and so on.

Police like to visit now and again to arrest hookers.

Avoid this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Billie N
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

At first glance upon arrival into the parking lot and lobby, the place looks well kept and clean. Unfortunately, that's the best you get here. The entire property needs to be updated and refreshed from the rooms, furniture and exteriors of the buildings. Its understandable that hotels/motels go through a lot everyday but at a certain point its time for a complete overhaul. The furniture and appliances have been used and abused and need to be replaced. Blood on mattresses and carpet is not OK. The walls are dirty, baseboards & molding are broken and missing pieces, the doors have significant gaps so that they don't close and leave gaping openings to the outside allowing bugs (scorpions in AZ) to crawl in if they desire. The bathroom in this particular room had rust around the drains, the toilet needed to be replaced, the towel bar was broken and the shower dripped nonstop. The refrigerator froze up constantly and dripped making noises all night which interfered with sleep, one stove burner did not work and the coffee pot and toaster were filthy (did not use). The towels are old and scratchy. The bed linens had holes and stains. Carpet...was so dirty I felt the need to wear shoes the whole time. The swimming pool is super small, equivalent to a large jacuzzi, has no lounge chairs and the walkway around the pool is very narrow. The laundry facility needs updating.

The most undesirable thing about this motel is the clientele. The rates are low so its filled with long term residents who hang outside at night drinking there beer and scoping out the women. There is no way to say this tactfully....it's infested with drug users and prostitutes and the cops were there several nights a week chasing them off and advised this guest to find a different locale if I was staying long term. The management does nothing to improve this situation. They do provide a security guard 2 nights a week unfortunately, this man had physical limitations which would allow him to be easily overtaken. I guess his mere presence was intended to be a deterrent.

I have stayed at this property several times so I have a good reference over an extended period of time to use for this review. I will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Building #1 near the front away from long term residents.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank paradiseseeker2001
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I booked a room thinking that Studio 6 would be a step above the average Motel 6. Wow! Was I ever wrong. The carpet was filthy, the property dirty, toys and trash on the stairs. The clerk at the desk seemed to be clueless to the issues at the property and clearly, there was no one around to walk the property or insure cleanliness.

I made the decision to pay cash rather than charge the room to my card. The staff required that I put up a deposit, however, failed to mention that they don't open their office until 12 noon on Sunday. I had to leave before noon, called the after hours line and was told that I would need to wait until noon or have the deposit mailed to me.

I left a message for the manager at check out and two more messages after that. No return call. I later talked to another manager of some kind who promised that my deposit would be sent to me immediately. It has been more than three weeks and I have yet to recieve my deposit.

My advise to you is avoid the Studio 6 and go straight to Motel 6, save yourself the trouble.

Room Tip: Drive on by
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family