My wife and I stayed at this Quality Inn for three nights on a combination business/vacation trip in early February. Overall, we liked it and would stay there again. The hotel feels fairly new, and seemed very well maintained. Our first night we stayed in a standard one-queen-bed room, the other nights we moved to a "suite."
1. This is a fairly new, clean, hotel in a relatively good area. The standard room was on the smallish size and had standard furnishings. I missed having a chair to relax in, though. The only chair in the room was at the desk. The beds were very comfortable.
2. The advertised "suites" are not really suites in the normal sense (two separate rooms). Our suite had one queen bed, and one pull-out sofa. The large room was divided by a partition containing a small refrigerator, microwave, and sink. While it was a very nice room, it wouldn't work too well if you wanted separate living/sleeping spaces (like if you were traveling with a family or two couples who wanted their own space).
3. The location is convenient to ASU, Scottsdale (about 10 minutes via the 101 highway), and the airport. I think calling it an "airport hotel" is pushing it, though, as it takes a good 10-15 minutes to get to the airport from the location. They do have an airport shuttle, though. The area seemed pretty safe.
4. All the staff we dealt with were great, with very positive attitudes. We spoke with the manager about switching rooms and he went well out of his way to help us.
5. The breakfast is great! They offer a full, hot breakfast bar, including scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, and hot waffles. They also had the standard continental fare, including bread and pastries, cold and hot cereal, etc. They did a good job of keeping all the food stocked. Our only real complaint is that they had an orange drink (think Sunny Delight) instead of real orange juice (if you are reading this, management, get yourself one of those juice dispenser like most other hotels have). Also, the breakfast room is pretty small and can get crowded at peak times.
6. The only problem we experienced was that the advertised "free high-speed Internet access" in the rooms was not working the entire time we stayed there. Supposedly they had just done an upgrade and there was an installation problem. Yet, for three days nobody made any attempt to repair it (according to the desk clerk we spoke with). To make matters worse, the desk staff seemed unaware of the problem for two days, resulting in my spending over an hour trying to get my laptop to connect to their system (another guest said he spent three hours). It would have been nice if they would have told us it wasn't working when we checked in. Their free Wi-Fi access worked fine, though, so I took my laptop down to the lobby and did some necessary stuff there. They also have a PC in the lobby with Internet access that guests can use for free (a nice touch that more hotels should have).
7. The pool is tiny and right at the front entrance/parking lot/fronting busy University Ave. Compared to many other hotels in the area, it's not very impressive. If having a nice pool area/place to relax outside is important to you, look at another hotel (a lot of the hotels in Scottsdale seem to have nice pool areas). This pool would be OK for kids to play in a bit, but adults won't be too impressed by it.
All in all, this is a good hotel for business travel or 1-2 nights. For a longer stay, or for strictly vacation travel, I'd probably want a hotel with nicer outdoor spaces and rooms with more room to relax in (armchairs, etc.). The "suites" are very nice for the price, though (we paid around $95) and offer a lot of room (see caveat, above). The accomodating staff, good breakfast, and central location are definite plusses.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn at ASU-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn At Asu-Airport Hotel Tempe
- Quality Inn Tempe
- Tempe Quality Inn