“Not up to Quality Inn Standards”

Quality Inn at ASU-Airport
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Kensmt
“Not up to Quality Inn Standards”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I pulled in to this hotel because of the Quality Inn reputation. I did pay Quality Inn prices but got more of a 'hotel with a number in it's name" experience. After waiting to check in while they explained that a room reserved by anoyher guest was not ready at 4:30 in the afternoon. I finally got checked in. My room (206) had a rumpled bed that looked like someone had been laying on it. I was in a hurry to get to a show (reason I was in town) so I let that go. The air conditioner fan in the room squeeked all the time so I shut it off. (didn't get back to the room until midnight and didn't want it fussed with by someone who didn't know what they were doing) The room was not really clean to the standards I expect from a Quality Inn. The carpet is worn and stained, and the bathroom fixtures are so old the chrome is worn off from cleaning. They were cheap low end fixtures. There is paint over run form a poor repaint job. The room had very basic cheap hotel furnishings in general. The bed was so-so and the sheets were well past needing replacement. If you are used to the usual higher end you get from Quality Inn you won't be particulaly pleased with this hotel. I expect 4 star amenities and service from a Quality Inn and this was place was 2 star at best.

Room Tip: room 206 had allot of road noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kensmt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Finding the hotel was slightly problematic. My GPS said I had arrived but I couldn't see the hotel. I turned round and drove back down the road, I saw a badly positioned and slightly obscured sign for the hotel.

The receptionist (I presume a student at ASU) was very nice and helpful. Judging by the room, I presume this place used to be a Microtel Inn. It was big enough (just) for one night and close enough to the airport.

Breakfast was a little lacking - no decaf and only 1 slice of wheat bread - and I was down at 07:00 on a Sunday!

I don't know if the person who checked me out was a cleaner but she wore a dirty, ripped T-shirt/sweatshirt and what looked like jogging pants. Not the sort of image I would have thought you would want to give to guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jb012
Monterey, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my first stay. I had a very early arrival and the owner/manager was extremely helpful in getting a room ready for me. He is extremely polite and a wonderful owner who works hard. His staff and family always smiled. I loved seeing one of his desk clerks studying college courses while he was working but always would say hello/good evening as I returned.

The room, 304, was small, but was fine. I felt is was clean and was fresh smelling. The sheets however on one day had stains on them, pretty obvious ones and some hairs were in the bathroom floor. That was one day only and the bed linens afterwards were fine. Housekeeping though did not knock twice while entering, She did not just come in, it was a knock and enter instead of a knock and await a response.

Great closet!

Breakfast was nice, the pool refreshing although some new furniture is probably needed. All in all I would return.

DO NOT BOOK this hotel on a travel website. Call them directly and see what kind of price you can get after your quoted a price on the travel website. He will give you a discount and you then have the flexibility of not paying in full, not having refunds, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the main street...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Valentino93933
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I've stayed here twice - once 3 years ago and this past weekend. Comfortable and clean, the staff are friendly and accommodating. When I am in Tempe - this is always going to be my go-to. I want a place that is clean - and this is. I want a place that smells nice. This is not fancy - it is ENTIRELY comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Scott A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 13, 2012

very nice midnight staff very cute room! 302 very nice pool very decent morning breakfast... I very much enjoyed this stay!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank shan G
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very nice place to stay. We weren't in the room very long as we had many events to attend. Great location if you want to take a taxi to mill ave or see a concert at Tempe beach.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank 2HotnSaff
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had 3 rooms booked for Spring Training. Good location for all that we wanted to do on a 4 day weekend. Friendly staff, quick check-in and very accomodating. Clean and quiet. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family