The bed was comfortable, the room had a small microwave and fridge (both useful), and breakfast was adequate; the two computers in the lobby for guests' use are also convenient. Be advised that this hotel is in the flight path for Phoenix Sky Harbor, but the flights do stop overnight (roughly 10 or 10:30 pm to 6 or 6:30 am). If you have small children, note that the so-called "gentlemen's club" across the way has a sign advertising that their hostesses/dancers are nude. If you're looking for a restaurant within walking distance, I don't think there is one, except for a Jack-in-the-Box.
When I checked in the night of 2/4, I noticed that neither the television nor telephone in the living area worked. OK, that happens. I went down to the front desk and asked the clerk to have maintenance look at it the next day. On 2/5, I happened to be in the room at about noon. I didn't expect maintenance to have checked this situation yet, but I went down to the front desk to make sure my room was on the maintenance list for the day. It was. Unfortunately, maintenance never checked out anything. I have to commend Ike; when I went down to the desk yet again at about 6:30 pm on 2/5, he took a look at maintenance records for the day, found out that maintenance had not been in my room, and came up himself to see what he could do (he fixed the phone but not the television).
I was not impressed with the service here, though the staffers were always polite. Next time I'm in the Shy Harbor area, I'll look for another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport hotel, located with convenience to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) and Scottsdale Airport (SCF). Whether you are looking for Tempe hotels near Arizona State University to catch a sports event or visit a loved one, we are situated nearby a plethora of exciting things to do in Tempe. Thoughtful amenities such as free shuttle service to PHX airport and local hotspots make it easy to come and go from our hotel in Tempe, AZ. After delighting in free morning treats at our Baymont Breakfast Corner, spend a relaxing day basking in our heated outdoor pool or get energized at well-equipped fitness center. Our non-smoking hotel in Tempe, AZ offers guest rooms with free high-speed WiFi, ironing facilities, sitting area, microwave, mini-fridge, flat-screen HDTV, as well as coffee and tea facilities. Near ASU, our convenience to popular area attractions includes Tempe Center of Arts, Arizona State University Art Museum, Marquee Theatre and Casino Arizona. If looking for outdoor fun with the family, Camelback Mountain offers year-round recreation including skiing, snowboarding, water slides and rafting. Top Golf Scottsdale offers a state-of-the-art driving range along with a trendy lounge and dance club. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy spring training games at Sloan Park, and Scottsdale Stadium. Other attractions nearby include Tempe Town Lake, Big Surf, Sun Devil Stadium and Papago Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Phoenix Airport At Tempe
- Country Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport At Tempe Hotel Tempe
- Country Inn Tempe
- Tempe Country Inn