All reviews honor system free laundry full kitchen an extended stay laundry center iron and board training room front desk longer stay home away from home kitchen area nice tv hot tub queen bed check in was a breeze spring training shopping and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2018

The area is ok.
The price is ok.

The room is ok.

The air conditioner? Not so much.
OMG, was it noisy. I've never heard as loud a noise coming from an AC as this hotel.

Yes, it was bad enough that you shouldn't stay there.

Also, the front desk staff was preoccupied and it was ten minutes before they started checking me in.

Yeah, that was upsetting. Because what he was doing was unrelated to work.

Room tip: Check the AC before you unpack
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Hello rickiey2017,

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Phoenix/Tempe and leaving feedback. It is disappointing to learn your check-in experience was less than satisfactory. also having an AC that creates a loud noise is not the experience we want our guest to have. This will be shared with our team to address accordingly each of the issues you have raised.

Even though your stay was not spotless, we hope that your future trips will give us an opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Stayed here 9/1 to 9/3/18 to attend a wedding in the area. Upon walking in it was obvious that someone had smoked in the room. Couldn't the maid smell it and do something about it? It was supposed to be a non-smoking room.
The room was very clean other than that. The small refrigerator and kitchen area would be more than enough for a longer stay. The queen bed was extremely comfortable. In fact, when I got home, I wished I still had that bed to sleep in.
The refrigerator cycled on and off all night and was very noisy. The second night I followed a friends advise and turned it off as we didn't have anything in it.
The air conditioner, while very efficient, was also very noisy. As it is hot in Tempe even at night, we left that on and just woke up every time it turned on or off.
The bathroom is a little small but has plenty of shelves to put things on. One of our towel racks was not attached well and came apart at one point.
There is a great little "grocery" where you are on the honor system. They have basic foods and snacks available.
Overall, not a bad place for 2 nights.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Hi adstz,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and it's such a pleasure knowing that the service you received from our staff were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise from the AC, the lingering smell of smoke upon entering the room, and issues with the bathroom condition. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four days. When we arrived, our room had poor A/C. I spoke with the manager and he immediately moved us to another room. Our room was spotless, we were very happy with our room, pool and other amenities. The entire staff was pleasant and answered all of our questions. Parking was plentiful. Overall a good stay!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We're here for an extended stay (about 3 weeks) and find this place perfect for our needs. Nearby shopping includes a grocery story about 2 blocks away, Wendy's and McDonalds within walking distance, and lots of other amenities. The pool is sparkling, the hot tub nicely jetted, the rooms spacious for our needs. Big double desk means both of us can use our laptops with ease. Kitchen has a stove, full sized frig, and the place has FREE onsite laundry setup. There is an outdoor grill if you want to do your own and helpful desk clerks 24 hours a day. Save money on restaurant eating, and relax with the nice TV, decent sized bathroom including a bathtub and shower, and weekly maid service if you stay by the week. I will stay here again each time I return to this area. There are nice extras like a toaster in the room, coffee pot, iron and board, and you can borrow a blender, or a game or a book from the "locker". There is also a room where you can buy various quick foods, frozen and otherwise if you're just too tired to leave the space. There is a training room, free coffee, free apples and newspapers, and everything runs smooth as a Swiss clock. The bed is perfect.
Comfortable, lovely linens, nice pillows.

Room tip: We are on main floor and it is nice for a quick exit to parking.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank CayceCleveland_Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2018

A consistently clean and friendly Candlewood property with pool. On my recent check-in, the day-shift woman at the front desk greeted me with a heartwarming smile, and recognized me as a return guest even after my yearlong absence.

Wi Fi, kitchen, bathroom, gym, and free laundry were all at par or exceeded Candlewood standards.

Hotel takes security and smoke-free freshness seriously, as I was given a list of not-to-dos to read and sign on check-in.

On the six-lane thoroughfare near the hotel are the usual fast food (a Wendy's a mere block away, followed by a McDonalds), drug store, and gas stations. Convenient by car to supermarkets, airport, and ASU. Three blocks to the west is a transit bus route that connects to the light rail for the airport and downtown Phoenix: important to fliers preferring to rent cars in suburban rental firms nearby in order to avoid the high airport surcharges.

I will certainly return to this hotel the next time that I visit Phoenix.

Date of stay: May 2018