“Good experience!”

Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Overall this is an average Candlewood Suites and it came with the usual things I've come to expect. We had some problems in the room but it wasn't a big deal and it was fixed fairly quickly. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe

Reviewed January 27, 2014

These towels will tear you up pretty bad if you don't rub your body gently. My torso was reddened, but after the first day, I just dabbed myself dry. They are striped and cause itching. Everything else at the hotel was excellent. The free laundry makes up for thev lack of breakfast, but they do offer free coffee (Maxwell House) in the AM and all day for that matter. They have a large amount of convenience store stuff also and that unusual honor system to pay for things. Not sure about making us pay for tea bags, but you can also cook and stuff in the room. The beds were great and it is a nice property overall.

Room Tip: 330 has nobody on both sides
1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is not a bad hotel. The room furniture and bathroom are renovated and pretty nice. I had a "queen bed" room. The bed seems a little small - almost felt like a full size bed - for some reason. The space next to the bed is a little tight.

The location is convenient but not really close to the action of Tempe.

It seems 1/2 of the 3rd floor is smoking so beware if you don't like smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the smoking section if you don't like smoke. Unfortunately the smoking...
Reviewed January 20, 2014

the hotel is fine but I still can not get over when the desk staff is not trained to acknowledge a PLATINUM MEMBER......this is just a major flaw in training,,,,this is such a major part of Candlewood Suites programs, there is no excuse for this poor treatment of your best clients......TRAIN YOUR STAFF

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear glendale215,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Hits: location was great, room was spacious and had lots of storage space, furnishings and appliances were in above average shape, bed was fine and hot water was hot. Mini kitchen was very convenient, especially with multiple supermarkets nearby.

Misses : fridge cycled frequently & was fairly loud, HVAC cycled more frequently and was louder still, and toilet ran every 10 minutes or so with a high pitched whine that I first mistook for the buzz of a travel alarm. Kitchen sink stopper didn't work, nor did bathtub drain plug.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear ToutLeMonde,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noises had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent a night here and was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service, especially when I was checking in. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was very nice. And all of this for a great rate. I will definitely look to stay in this hotel on future trips when I have to travel between Phoenix and Tucson.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Candlewood Suites location. I was pleasantly surprised. Due to last minute schedule change I arrived at the hotel to at 8 am to meet some associates. I asked the front desk if I could pre-check in just in case I returned late that evening. But the hotel did me one better they had a room available and they allowed me to check in at 8am. Not many places will allow you to check in that early. The Room was nice and large for the one person. I had almost a kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge and 2 burner stove. The room had a large bathroom and FREE laundry machines. Now that almost never happens. The establishment really made my day and since it was the first day of the week that I spent there. It really made my week. I definitely will stay at this Candlewood Suites the next time I am in the area. Plus, there are plenty of food locations and a huge mall just across the street. Everything I needed was right there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business