“Ok hotel for short stays”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Atlanta
“Ok hotel for short stays”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for three nights. The hotel was very nice on the inside, like it had just been remodeled, and the front desk staff was very nice and friendly. It was pretty quiet too, with no major noises. The hotel, however, did not have continental breakfast and only certain rooms had a micro/refrig, such as the room I booked, which was a double bed deluxe.

The room itself was ok. The micro and frig worked well and met my needs. The beds were pretty comfortable too. The tv did not have many channels to choose from and I had to push the buttons hard sometimes on the remote, like the batteries were getting low or something. There is free wireless internet, but it was very spotty and sometimes pages would not load. It might be because my computer is old or the location of the room, I don't know.

The sink is outside of the bathroom, and the room where the toilet and tub/shower is in had a nice hardwood floor. However, some of the towels had yellow stains on them and I also noticed a hair on one of the beds. Other than that, the room was pretty clean.

I do wish that the room had a pen/notepad. Most hotels have this. Continental breakfast would have been nice, but I knew the hotel did not have this when I booked a room.

Overall, this hotel is good for a very short stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport from 12/31/10-1/2/11 with my 8 year old son. We got a double bed room deluxe, which included a microwave and refrigerator. This room is comparable to a Best Western, but only half the price. It was clean and was in a good area. About half a mile from the hotel is a Del Taco, Papa John's Pizza, and then a lot of other places in the following half-mile.

The bathroom has the sink area separate from the toilet and shower, which we like. It had a big shower head and one of the curved shower rods that keeps the shower curtain from hitting you. The flooring is hard wood. When you exit the bathroom, there is the sink area, closet area, and a safe. The safe costs $1.50/day if you use it. The room had comfortable beds. All bedding was clean. The carpet is a brisk blue and very clean. I also liked that they had a small table and two chairs for sitting at. The TV has movies you can pay to watch and they will add the amount to your bill. There is free HBO and HBO2 on the TV. My son liked that they got the cartoon network channel. There is also free wireless which is a necessity for me. I hate having to use cords as some hotels are very poorly set up to where you have to sit on the bed in order to use your laptop. There is your standard coffee pot and coffee items in the room. In the lobby area, they always had 3 types of coffee and hot water available.

This hotel is close to the freeway, but not so close you hear the traffic. It took us 5 minutes to get to the Arizona Mills Mall, which is our main reason for staying in the area.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Airport location on December 17, 2010. I was in Phoenix to pick up my daughter for our holiday visit. I booked the room on redroof.com and got an incredible rate, only $38.99. I was not expecting much for the price. What I got, however, was an amazing value. The property was clean, the lobby was inviting, the front desk staff was courteous and helpful. Eric did a great job of greeting me and making me feel welcome and expected. He gave me directions to the airport and let me know that they were ready to answer any questions I had. I checked into my room and found a clean, comfortable, well kept room with a safe. There was also a coffee pot and an incredibly comfortable bed. I would definitely stay there again. In fact, when I got home, I booked the same hotel for my return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
dayton ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Whenever we fly into Phoenix, we stay here the 1st night of our trip and our last because of its convenience to the Phoenix airport -- from here, we have stayed at other places like Camelback Inn and Arizona Grand Resort. We enjoy staying here not only because of the location, but because the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, free wifi, and they provide a microwave and refrigerator in the rooms. The customer service has also been outstanding. Would recommend to anyone looking for an overnight stay or two in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed here on a trip to Tucson from LA. We were traveling late at night and they were totally fine with our 1:30am check-in and the front desk was nice and fast so we were able to get into our room quickly and go to bed.

We booked online the night before which couldn't have been easier and realized once we were at Red Roof's site that they had an online special that was even better than the one on Expedia. Out the door the room was $47 and it was easily 10 times nicer than many $100+ hotels we've stayed at. The room was SUPER clean and the bathroom amenities looked like they'd been recently updated...hardwood or laminate floors in the bathroom, fresh contemporary paint, and updated hardware in the shower and sink.
The only area for improvement was the bedspread (although new and in good condition) wasn't something you could "cozy up with...not a comforter. And the bed wasn't super lush like at a high end hotel...but we slept really well and you definitely can't beat the price.

Oh yeah and it has free, fast wi-fi with a very quick and easy log on process.

We're so glad we found this place and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Moorpark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The location is great for my business. The room is comfortable and relatively quiet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Desk Clerk is friendly and very helpful. Printed a map to a meeting held at another hotel location without being asked.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport. It was great to hear that our front desk GSR was able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Kevin Hornbeck