Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
TempeMissionPalms
$89
$76
Aloft.com
Best Western Inn Of Tempe(Tempe)(Great Value!)
$73
$60
$73
$107
$100
$54
Motel 6 Tempe ASU(Tempe)(Great Value!)
$54
$49
  • Pool
$58
$46
$190
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskphoenix airportroom was cleanhardwood floorscan't beat the pricefree wifibudget hotelgreat ratespring trainingcontinental breakfastmini fridgebusiness centerwould stay here againgreat roomgreat customer servicenoraantoinette
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I very much resisted staying here because I usually stay at "higher end" hotels. I am happy to report that I was extremely happy with my decision and will definitely stay here again. The rooms are spotless, and the free WIFI is a treat. But what was really great was that the hotel accepts pets! Not only are pets allowed but there are no fees attached or room restrictions. I admit that I do miss a gym and free breakfast that other economy hotels offer, but those things are easily forgotten after experiencing the excellent customer service and comfortable accommodations.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Redroof265, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

I am very pleased to hear that your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport was a positive one! We try very hard to rate our customer service and comfortable accommodations as out number one goal. Thank you again!

Kevin Hornbeck

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I must laugh at crybaby reviews which is to say those where one small thing was a disappointment and so the person denegrates all aspects of the hotel. I am critical but fair.

Okay, it's true Red Roof Inn "Phoenix Airport" is neither in Phoenix nor under the jet fumes and does not have a shuttle, but a phone call established that before I booked and I was told what the taxi fare would be so no crisis. After staying there some days I realized why a dedicated shuttle did not make sense as most of their business is repeat from people who drive their own cars or rentals. Another drawback to the location is that there is only one restaurant within easy wallking during the summer. However, the staff was very helpful in helping me order in.

The rates were so low in the off season (under $45/day incl. tax for weekly) that I was suspicious but when I arrived I was pleased that the room was very clean, quiet, and had a desk at which I could read/work.

The most remarkable aspect of this particular RRI is the service. There are some stellar employees working there who give you the option of being left alone or making you feel like you're at a b&b. I was given different maps for different purposes on several occaisions and politely and patiently given exact directions. They even did internet searches for me in between all the other duties they were juggling. I've never seen a hotel where one person acts as m.o.d., check-in clerk, telephone operator, host(ess), concierge, pool towel attendant, coffee/tea bar attendant, clean-up of small spills by klutzie guest *blush* et cetera.

I could name names but would rather give kudos to all the staff for their excellent treatment of me during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Redroof265, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Phoenix Airport Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Positive guest feeback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Kevin Hornbeck

Reviewed July 27, 2010

i booked this hotel because I thought it would be near the airport and at the very ,east have a shuttle to the airport. I mean the word airport is in its name. Have you ever heard of a hotel with the name airport in it that DID NOT have a shuttle TO the airport. When I asked the clerk at the front desk for options on how to get to the airport, I asked him, how do people usually get to the airport if you guys don't provide a shuttle, he responded with an attitude saying "Well people usually have a rental car." When I asked him for information about a cab, he responded nastily with "Since we don't have a shuttle, I don't know if we can help you." WHAT?? this was terrible and his service attitude was horrible to top it all off. There was nothing special about the room, just a basic hotel room bed desk table bathroom. No Frills to the extreme. I will never go back here again and I will NOT recommend this place to a friend or even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DrAnonymousTraveler
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I selected this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. The front desk clerk Nora was terrific. She helped me locate the hotel when I was routed off of the interstate. She knew we were tired and gave us a room close to the desk. She helped us in locating a restaurant to deliver and even gave us coupons. She even helped us carry our luggage to the room. The rooms were very roomy and had inside entrances.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2010

The front desk staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. I requested my same room a second time when I left Tempe to go to Sedona and returned, and they accommodated my request. Checkin was quick and efficient. My room was SPOTLESS; obviously, they are in the process of refurbishing all the rooms, and they may have already completed the process. Literally everything in my room was new; the carpeting, comforters, the bathrooms (which functioned excellently). Most importantly, my room and the property were very clean. The only thing is that travellers should know that there are no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, so a short car/taxi ride is in order. Otherwise, I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo