All reviews front desk room was clean free wifi musty smell late arrival an early morning flight late at night antoinette phoenix airport hairdryer inns freeway microwave comforter asu
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for - $76 and probably overpriced. Older property,
rock hard pillows and bed. Mediocre old tub shower. Thought it would be closer to the airport... It was clean, although would not choose again.... I hate when I am asked at the reception desk how everything was
& you tell them and they only ask you to be asking.
Pick another place.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank kemeny1055
Redroof265, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear Kemeny1055,
I'm Sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. We just renovated this past October and became a PLUS property. We are 10 to 15 minuets from the airport but you can't walk there you will need some form of transportation. I always tell my guests whenever they encounter a problem with their stay to contact the front desk right away. This gives us an opportunity to resolve any issues you may have. I am sorry that you found the pillows to hard. What I can tell you is that in our new premium rooms a soft pillow is included as part of the designated pillows. If you are in the Tempe area and would like to stay at a clean hotel, you are always welcome here at the Phoenix Airport Red Roof Inn PLUS.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Since we had never been to Tempe before, I selected this Red Roof Inn based on other RRI's. Somewhat disappointed. Seemed like it was an older version, although the friendly front desk staff said it was just renovated. We stayed on the second floor. Every shower resulted in a few gallons of water on the floor - not sure if the bathtub had a crack or other reason. Every time too. On the up-side, the place was very quiet. Beds extremely comfortable. Only 3 pillows and a minimal 2 bath/wash towels. A few extra bath towels would have been handy to soak up the water from the leaking shower. Upon checkout, the front desk deducted a 20% from our bill due to the inconvenience of the problematic shower. Fair I think. Loved the outside area, trees, flowers and visually appealing. Couldn't find some nice benches or seats to soak it in. Too bad. I would hesitate to stay here again. Loads of other hotel options in this area.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Redroof265, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Dear Powelite,
Thank you for taking a Trip Advisor survey. I'm sorry that your stay wasn't what you expected. I always tell my guests, if at anytime you come across something that makes you uncomfortable, please do not hesitate to let the front desk know. This way it gives us an opportunity to help with any concerns you may have. As far as the water on the floor, I will make sure and share your comments with my maintenance personnel. I want you to know we value you as a guest. If your visiting the Tempe Area, I want you to know your always welcome at the Tempe Airport Red Roof Plus.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself is a bit of a dump. The bathroom has rust all over it, the tub doesn't drain and the bathroom door is warped from water. I'm just thankful we're only here for a quick night...

Dear Lindsey L.,
Thank you for taking the time to take a Trip Advisor Survey. I am truly sorry that your stay was not to your expectations. I always want my guests to know that, if at anytime they stumble upon a problem to let the front desk staff know right away. This way it gives us a chance to solve and correct what ever issues you may encounter. I have 125 rooms on this property and I am confident that we could find one that would be to your satisfaction. Again I'm sorry for the condition of the bathroom. I will make sure that maintenance takes care of those issues. We do value you as a customer and if your in the Area your always welcome at the Phoenix Airport Red Roof PLUS.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Nora at the front desk was awesome! The room was over priced and the bed very uncomfortable. But Nora at the front desk was great. She was very helpful in getting us checked in and helping to find a place to have food delivered. Not sure I would pay that price again. But the staff was great

Trip type: Traveled with family
Redroof265, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Dear Cheyenne000,
Thank you for taking the time to take a Trip Advisor survey. It is has become a tool for us to measure our success. Allow me to apologize for the uncomfortable bed. This can be a little tricky with the customer. Some like it hard some want it soft. We try our best to please the guest. Which leads me to our illustrious Nora at the front desk. She is a shining star. I will make sure she see's your kind words. When ever you are in the Tempe area you are always welcome here at Red Roof Plus.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights on a cross country bicycle ride. The room was large, clean and modern. The bathroom was ok. again everything seemed new. Hotel staff helped us print some Cubs tickets. There was a pool but it was too cool to use or even sit by.

It is located very near Tempe Diablo Stadium where the Angels play their spring training games. We watched the Cubs beat the Angels in a shoot out 15 to 13.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Redroof265, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2017

Thank you Gilladj for taking the time out of your busy day to take a Trip Advisor survey.
We just finished are renovation in October of 2016. New flooring and furniture, it does have a nicer modern look to it. We are very close to Tempe Diablo Stadium. It's the home to the Anaheim Angels baseball team. If your a fan we are the place to stay. I will share your positive feedback with my staff members they will love to hear your kind words of praise. Again thank you and if your ever coming back to Tempe, your always welcome here at Red Roof Plus.