“New. Safe. Basic. Acceptable. ”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Tough to find safe areas around the sky harbor airport. We had reservations at a days inn and if you don't mind smoking rooms and used syringes in the parking lot it's for you. This red roof inn is in a cluster of hotels five miles from the airport and even closer to the car rental return area. In this cluster all the hotels are newer and area is clean and safe. The Sheraton is in this cluster with an extended stay America hotel. I would have stayed at the Sheraton had I known. The red roof is the newest design. Very friendly staff. Rooms are basic like a motel six. No breakfast. Coffee in the lobby is good. Plenty of parking near the door. No airport shuttle. For the price $89 this was not a great value but it was very clean and safe.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Scott P
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your words of praise. It is truly rewarding to know that you were satisfied with the location of the Inn, friendly staff, and close to where you needed to be. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed for one-week at this hotel. Everyone there did everything they could to make us happy. The original room we were in was not perfect (no shower curtain and had a very musty smell) but they quickly moved a refrigerator into another room and moved us without question.
Not a 4-star hotel, but very comfortable and worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport. It is truly rewarding when our guest recognize the efforts of the staff and take the time to tell about it. It is reviews like yours that makes their day!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed four nights. Overall it wasn't bad but there were a few things I complained about. Door to the bathroom would not close. Apparently there was at one time a leak on the floor above and the bathroom ceiling over the shower was very unappealing as it looked like it was about to fall. Wi-Fi system is very low grade. It was extremely slow but a majority of the time I could not connect to the internet since there was no wi-fi signal in the room. Staff said hotel was sold out and a lot of people are using it and when that happens it's very slow. If it was an up to date system it would be capable of serving all guests. Even between 2 and 3 a.m. I could not get a signal or connect. I've stayed at Red Roof in the past and never encountered a problem so I was surprised I did at this particular location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I would like to apologize for the condition of the bathroom door and can assure you that we have already taken actions to correct the problem. As for the internet service, I am working with our internet provider on the speed of the service. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value your opinion.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is really not bad, but it would be easy to be better.
The hotel location is great, but the area is somewhat commercial and you need a car to get to most food options.
The staff was friendly during check in, but indifferent to the guests comments on several topics.
Elevator is almost the slowest thing in the hotel....except for the internet. They were very aware of this but we saw several guests complain about internet with no reaction from staff.
The place was packed and the crowd was mildly rowdy. The hints of the rowdiness were the numerous cases of empty beer bottles by the back door cleared by housekeeping.
Air conditioning worked well.
The bathroom seemed updated.
The TV was new and fine.
A taxi to airport costs $16- It seems this the only area hotel to NOT offer airport shuttle service.
Slow elevator,terrible Internet & no airport shuttle are my memories.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

On behalf of the staff, I am writing to let you know that we appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. A friendly staff and a good location is something that we take pride in. I am very sorry that the elevator seemed to be slow and I will be looking into that with our service contractor.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel was easy to find and in a secure location with a well lit parking lot. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are perhaps a little dated but spotless. We arrived late and just needed a place to crash near the airport until we continued our journey in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Great service depends on the staff members willing to give their very best at all times. I am glad to hear that the location of the inn, well lit parking lot, friendly & helpful staff, and a clean room is just what you were looking for. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to you next visit with us!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was on a business trip. The internet speed is so slow, I couldn't work at all from my room. Made many phone calls to the support desk without any success. The room itself is fine, clean and quiet. But not being able to do I was there to do drives me crazy.

Room Tip: If you require good internet speed bring your own data card.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I would like to apologize for the experience of internet service during your recent stay. Each and every guest put their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding service and I can assure you that I will be contacting our internet provider to do the same. I understand your frustrations as your experience did not meet your expectations and I truly hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed one night in march 2014... Had a deluxe king with micro and fridge... Room was clean, and everything was in working order...Tv, although a recently new hd, only received standard def... Otherwise no problems to speak of....Common areas were in good shape, although lots of air freshener on my floor... Usually a sign of people smoking in non-smoking rooms.... For what it is, I would stay there again assuming I got a reasonable rate...

Room Tip: For a little extra, get the micro and fridge, its worth it....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!