“Above average Red roof inn - nice rooms and good price”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed September 11, 2012

A typical Red roof inn , with no bad points to mention... Our room has the usual red roof quality with all the equipment and free wifi...

The double bed was huge and the room was clean.

Nice parking and close to airport..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Redroof265, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I are happy that you liked our location and found us to be what you were looking for. We hope to see you again during future travels. Thanks again!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Spent one night at the Red Roof Inn this past Labor Day weekend. I'll start with the bad things: terrible foam pillows, funny room smell.
Good things: For $40 we got a normal-sized room with a king bed, a desk, table, two-drawer dresser, large screen TV, microwave, and a mini-fridge. Computer and coffee available in the lobby, no breakfast. Free WiFi!
For one night this place was definitely tolerable, especially at the price. I saw a guest who had brought their dog in, so they seem to be dog friendly. The front desk staff was very helpful. We were allowed to leave our cars in the parking lot for the day even after we'd checked out.
Driving or biking distance to lots of restaurants, banks, etc. If you're walking bring a partner, we saw some sketchy people around the hotel and industrial park that it was housed in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for leaving comments about your stay at our hotel in Tempe, AZ. We are very pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and found our location to be convenient for you during your trip. We look forward to seeing you again during future travels. Thanks again!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our first trip to Phoenix and we were so pleased with our choice of hotels. The room was clean and you can't beat it for the price and location close to the airport. Cameron, at the front desk, was very friendly, was proactive in assisting us, and really did an outstanding job! We appreciated his help and kindness and we would be delighted to stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I have shared your comments with Cameron and the staff, and we are happy that you found them friendly and courteous. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Super friendly staff - even late on a Sunday night! I could not believe how fast the desk got me checked in which was so appreciated after a very long, hot drive. The room was nothing fancy but I paid $50 and it was well worth it - very, very clean. You could tell that the house keepers gave a damn about what they do. I really have not one complaint about the room which is unusual for me and hotels.

I also want to add that the location is great. I was afraid that it would be hard to find (and their sign is not the most visible) but it was easy to find. Close to everything. On my previous trip I stayed at a hotel right off I-10 and it was behind a strip club - not that there's anything wrong with that, but it felt a little seedy. This location is surrounded by other nicer, business class hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and kind words. I have shared your comments with the staff, and we are pleased to know that you were happy with the fast check in service, price, room quality, and location. The staff takes great pride in providing our guests clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in future travels.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were using this hotel as a fill in on the first night of our vacation because our resort wasn't going to be available until the next night. So we expected the regular amenities--a clean place to sleep and that was basically it. Well, we received so much more. The hotel was extremely clean when we arrived. We were so tired and hungry, and it must have showed on our faces. The front desk clerk was so sweet, she offered up a list of nearby restaurants and the directions to them, recommending her favorite place also, Her directions led us directly to the restaurant, which had wonnnnderful food. After returning from dinner,my children wanted to swim. We didn't even have to ask for towels, the staff offered the extra towels as we were asking directions to the pool. The pool was very clean and maintained. The next am I was feeling very under the weather, as travel is sometimes a bit hard on me. I called the front desk to see what the latest check out would be and if there would be a charge for the additional time. A different front desk clerk wished me well and offered to let us stay an additional hour beyond check out at no additional cost. She also told me if I was feeling well enough to travel at that time to let her know and she would accommodate a bit longer stay. This meant so much to me. When you are not feeling well and you have complete strangers treat you like family, it tends to make you feel better quicker. I was feeling better and was able to check out and continue our travels. As we were packing the car to leave, everyone at the front desk bid us farewell with their smiling faces. We immediately agreed that if we ever needed lodging anywhere close to the Phoenix Airport, this will be where we stay. We have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels/resorts and seldom have we received this type of personalized, caring service.

Room Tip: The beds were very comfy and we slept well. Our room was a standard which meant no kitchenette, just...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving comments about your stay and the kind words. The staff and I are very happy that you were pleased with the service that you received and the comments about the property. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on the night of a haboob, and drove around for about an hour before we found the hotel. It was like an oasis in the desert. Check in was quick, the clerk was very friendly, and after we got to our room we called down for some extra pillows and within minutes we had them. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are pleased to know that you were happy with the quick check in, friendly staff, and a quick response of delivering extra pillows. We all appreciate your kind words and look forward to your visit the next time you are in the Phoenix area. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My almost 10 year old son and I just stayed at this Red Roof for the past 2 nights. This is not our first stay here. We used to stay at the BEst Western by the AZ Mills Mall, but now stay here every time. We have never had a bad experience here. It is within 1 mile of food/stores/gas stations. It is very clean. Hardwood floors in bathroom, flat screen tv, safe, etc. The beds were comfortable. There is free wifi. Best of all, every staff member I encountered was smiling and polite. Upon entering my room, we noticed the ac was not working correctly. The lady at the front immediately came up to the 3rd floor and moved us to the next room (322). She was very efficient and fast. The transition was smoothe. Every time we walked by the front desk, they said hello and gave us a smile. They were very welcoming. The area feels safe. The price is better than most. It is about a 4 minute drive to the AZ Mills Mall. I wish the staff was that courteous at every hotel we visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family