“Exceeds Expectations During a Remodel”

Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The access to the hotel was little challenging after not being to the area before. It is behind a gentlemen's club and a Waffle House, which after first sight would seem a little tacky. I drive up to the hotel to find "caution" tape around a newly lacquered drive way. The fumes were overwhelming. After fearing the worst, I was put into a newly furnished and beautifully remodeled room. No paint smell, no new furniture smell, no freeway noise, and completely impressed. I had a sound sleep in a comfortable bed with brand new linens. The bathroom was clean with new, thick towels. I was given a breakfast voucher for the Waffle House instead of the stale, continental breakfast pastries one usually finds in the lobby, most likely as a courtesy for the remodel. Sam was able to give me directions to the conference I was attending in Chandler and offered me a free newspaper by the end of the day. Ana was more than ready to suggest things to do in the area and guide us to some decent spots in the area. I will definitely come back to this hotel to see how much more impressive this place is after the remodel!

Room Tip: higher floors have less remodel noise and smells, don't let the neighborhood deter your choice...

996 - 1,002 of 1,060 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our stay was a delight! We had stayed here last summer, and this place has changed a lot! Check in went smooth, with Ana at the front desk - the directions and info she gave us about freeway rush hour helped a lot during our trip. The room was especially nice, very clean, new carpet, and the bed extremely comfortable. It was stocked with a flat screen tv, coffee maker, microwave and a refrigerator. We were on the first floor and although the renovation was still on going we hardly noticed, with the entire staff willing to accommodate anything we asked for and the new rooms -you really can't go wrong booking here. Good job !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank liteupthegrid
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I checked in late on Friday night and Matt front desk clerk set me up in an amazing room with new accomodation. I didn't think I was in a Ramada Inn. I had an early start the next morning. Matt was still at the front desk and gave me a breakfast voucher. There is nothing better than feeling like I was cared about. I don't do this but I had to share my great experience with the comfortable room and be customer service.

Room Tip: This hotel is right off the freeway. Easy to find. Near everything. Prices were right. The customer...
1  Thank Ronni C
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although the hotel was in the process of being renovated, it was still a great place to stay. The new rooms have nice furnishings, new beds and linens, very clean and great thick towels. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful for our week's stay, especially Ana and Sam. We couldn't believe there was no road noise at all in the rooms. The breakfast at the hotel wasn't available but we were given vouchers for the Waffle House at the end of the parking lot, we had good breakfasts everyday with no complaint. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Esther U
Reviewed January 1, 2013

sammy helped us get transfered up to the ramada at flagstaff after we had stayed three days. by getting transfered to flagstaff a day earlier we were able to ski an extra day which was a huge hit with our kids, thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my trip to Tempe and the main reason was The Ramada Hotel Staff who very knowledgeable and very friendly making my stay feel like home. I was placed in The Newly Renovated Rooms which was wonderful and enjoyed the Complimentry Breakfast which I was given vouchers to the Waffle house directly in front of hotel. I will Definetly be back to The Ramada

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo