New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Pinetop, AZ
“excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

stayed at Hyatt Place this past weekend - excellent service, particularly Matthew at the front desk - check-in was a breeze, got a quick tour of essential locations in the hotel, room nice size with partition between large couch and bed - even though I had some reservations about staying very near the flight pattern of the PHX Airport, I never really heard any planes going overhead (although I did stay on the south side of the hotel away from the flight path) - the hot breakfast was diverse with both hot items (scrambled eggs, sausage, French Toast) and other choices such as fruit, bagels, oatmeal, etc. - got a great price (that also included breakfast) and I think this hotel provides an excellent value for not only the type of person that wishes to stay very near the airport, but for anyone that wises to stay in the greater PHX Area -

Room Tip: to be on the safe side (in order to avoid overflying jets), I'd probably ask for a room on the s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rjr1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Recently stayed two nights at this location. Very convenient to airport and ASU. Excellent shuttle service within 5 mile radius...Rudy delivered us to and picked us up from ASU campus and to the Big Apple (hadn't been there in 20 years). Property very consistent with all Hyatt properties...very comfortable, clean, friendly and accommodating staff, great rooms with separate living area, free breakfast with very good variety and small restaurant serving until late at night. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks Hyatt.

Room Tip: Room with small balcony for viewing airplane takeoffs and landings is neat.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt Place coming and going on a long trip. Staff, especially Jeff the night desk man, were pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel must have been around for a while and the small commode/shower area is relatively small. This hotel is one of the more convenient to Sky Harbor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at Hyatt place near Phoenix airport for one night on our way to Grand canyon. The hotel is located in a safe neighborhood and parking was well lit and safe. We checked in around midnight and the front desk gentleman was very nice. He got us some milk for our 18 month old son from their breakfast area free of charge. Room was nice and comfortable. Bathroom was small but that is usually the case with all Hyatt Place rooms thru out the country. No tub in the bathroom. Breakfast was very good and staff was all very helpful. Its close to the airport so there was some plane noise but not loud enough to disrupt sleep.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night just to mess around in Tempe. It was in an industrial area and while close to the airport still very quite. Mill Ave was a short ride away. Which was the story for everything with this place. They did have a shuttle driver who was willing to hook us up with a ride.

The accommodations were comfortable a little dirty if you looked close enough but still no complaints. I enjoyed my night here.

Breakfast was ehhhh. Still not sure if I had French toast or just toast that I put syrup on. The rest of the spread was pretty good.

I enjoyed the service here. The desk clerks were funny and a pleasure to deal with. Overall I would jump at the chance to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have never stayed in Tempe as a way to be close to the Phoenix airport for an early morning flight or late night arrival flight. However, I will definitely book this hotel for that reason as it gave us so much more for our dollar than a Phoenix airport area hotel. It is very easy to find and has several restaurants on University that would be convenient for a meal. They have a 24 hour Bar/Lounge for a limited menu that I used which was very convenient. If I was staying longer I would have enjoyed the VERY spacious room with separate sitting area from the bed area. Loved that! But we were coming in late and getting up very early so our luggage occupied the large sectional. The staff was great except when they decided to carry on a ridiculously immature conversation amongst themselves while I was trying to relax over my meal in the lobby. I spoke to the Manager (part of the group) and they broke up to go back to doing their job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Arrived at airport called the hotel, they said ten minutes but arrived about 20 minutes no problem. Driver was great and friendly! Proceeded to check in and heard the lady at desk tell the person checking in in front of us to be careful about floor as carpets were just cleaned. We checked in girl was very friendly and helpful! We got to room where I took off my shoes and instantly my socks were WET!! Daughter tried to sit on couch but that too was wet from "being cleaned" that morning!! Husband called to request different room but were told sorry we told you they were just cleaned and could be alittle damp and no rooms were available. He then asked would stay in room if your floors and furniture were wet! no response from desk!! just we told you... We opened the door to room and noticed our neighbors were carrying loads of towels they were laying on the floor to dry the carpet in that room!! We asked them if their room was same with wet floors, they said yes. Needless to say we checked out and were told we would not be charged if "we did not take anything from room" I would never recommend this hotel!! So if you choose to stay call before to make sure they have not cleaned the carpets that day or you will be wearing wet socks!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family