“Friendly and Convenient to Airport”

Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt Place coming and going on a long trip. Staff, especially Jeff the night desk man, were pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel must have been around for a while and the small commode/shower area is relatively small. This hotel is one of the more convenient to Sky Harbor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at Hyatt place near Phoenix airport for one night on our way to Grand canyon. The hotel is located in a safe neighborhood and parking was well lit and safe. We checked in around midnight and the front desk gentleman was very nice. He got us some milk for our 18 month old son from their breakfast area free of charge. Room was nice and comfortable. Bathroom was small but that is usually the case with all Hyatt Place rooms thru out the country. No tub in the bathroom. Breakfast was very good and staff was all very helpful. Its close to the airport so there was some plane noise but not loud enough to disrupt sleep.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night just to mess around in Tempe. It was in an industrial area and while close to the airport still very quite. Mill Ave was a short ride away. Which was the story for everything with this place. They did have a shuttle driver who was willing to hook us up with a ride.

The accommodations were comfortable a little dirty if you looked close enough but still no complaints. I enjoyed my night here.

Breakfast was ehhhh. Still not sure if I had French toast or just toast that I put syrup on. The rest of the spread was pretty good.

I enjoyed the service here. The desk clerks were funny and a pleasure to deal with. Overall I would jump at the chance to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have never stayed in Tempe as a way to be close to the Phoenix airport for an early morning flight or late night arrival flight. However, I will definitely book this hotel for that reason as it gave us so much more for our dollar than a Phoenix airport area hotel. It is very easy to find and has several restaurants on University that would be convenient for a meal. They have a 24 hour Bar/Lounge for a limited menu that I used which was very convenient. If I was staying longer I would have enjoyed the VERY spacious room with separate sitting area from the bed area. Loved that! But we were coming in late and getting up very early so our luggage occupied the large sectional. The staff was great except when they decided to carry on a ridiculously immature conversation amongst themselves while I was trying to relax over my meal in the lobby. I spoke to the Manager (part of the group) and they broke up to go back to doing their job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Arrived at airport called the hotel, they said ten minutes but arrived about 20 minutes no problem. Driver was great and friendly! Proceeded to check in and heard the lady at desk tell the person checking in in front of us to be careful about floor as carpets were just cleaned. We checked in girl was very friendly and helpful! We got to room where I took off my shoes and instantly my socks were WET!! Daughter tried to sit on couch but that too was wet from "being cleaned" that morning!! Husband called to request different room but were told sorry we told you they were just cleaned and could be alittle damp and no rooms were available. He then asked would stay in room if your floors and furniture were wet! no response from desk!! just we told you... We opened the door to room and noticed our neighbors were carrying loads of towels they were laying on the floor to dry the carpet in that room!! We asked them if their room was same with wet floors, they said yes. Needless to say we checked out and were told we would not be charged if "we did not take anything from room" I would never recommend this hotel!! So if you choose to stay call before to make sure they have not cleaned the carpets that day or you will be wearing wet socks!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in AZ because it was close to the airport. Hotel staff was very nice. Hotel was spotless, rooms were wonderful with a couch and big TV, plus a fridge and small wet bar. Beds were very comfy, we were on the 4th floor, so we didn't really hear the jets at night. The pool is nice and large. Breakfast was ok. Would definately stay here again if needing a place close to the airport.
We had dinner at a mexican place called "The Depot", not too far from the hotel on the edge of the ASU campus, really good!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived hoping for an early check in after spending the night in a Houston Airport. Without checking, the front desk attendant said no and suggested calling back later. I was in tears.... due to mechanical airplane difficulties in Kansas City and missing a flight and sleeping in an airport... just wanted to get out of clothes that I had been in for over 24 hours and freshen up. We were offered the Lobby bathroom and the suggestion to check back later. Not a good start!

The hotel was easy to find and in a good location for airport shuttle and driving to Spring Training games. The shuttle will accommodate requests up to 5 miles. Although we did not use the shuttle service... it was definitely seen as a perk. NOTHING is within walking distance, so transportation is necessary.

Found the room decently appointed. Did not look recently renovated, carpet was dirty, shower tile grout was stained and pillows were overly soft. The room looked worn. Found the bed firm but comfortable. I requested a high room, for the air to be turned down and extra foam pillows....did not receive any! The air conditioner in room 223 was loud and woke us several times during the night. The room was okay and a decent place to stay. I would hope anyone getting this room got a great rate because it was not worth the nearly $200 rate that was suggested to me as the current rate when I questioned why I was not getting the $15 food credit that was suggested when I made the reservation. This turned into a debate with the front desk... I was like really... I am paying hundreds of dollars for a room and this should not even be questioned!

Tried to check out at 3 AM, no one came to the front desk. I was worried when we departed and found four Phoenix police cars outside...still wonder what happened.

Breakfast was basic but free so that was nice. We chose to eat elsewhere and left too early the second day to take advantage of it.

Overall, met our expectations but definitely failed to exceed them. I am a tough cookie and when I vacation... I want to feel special... I so did not feel special on this stay as other reviewers were fortunate to feel. Pretty sure I won't be back :(

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for one . We only saw the parking lot!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple