“What a gem!”

Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Washington state
“What a gem!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to Tempe for Parent's Weekend as ASU and stayed at this property. Everything at this hotel was absolutely perfect. The room was exceptionally clean, bed was comfortable, location was perfect and the staff was truly top notch. Every staff member that we came in contact with was outstanding, friendly and helpful. In fact, our stay was so great, I would have liked to have thanked the General Manager directly, however, she was not at the property when we were checking out on Sunday.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room and could not hear the airplanes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philippines
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ive stayed at the Hyatt Place Tempe twice in the past 2 weeks..Each stay was 3 days for business..I have nothing negative to say about this hotel..Everything about my stay there is 5 star quality to me...Every employee that I have come into contact here greeted me with a smile and treated me with dignity and respect..From the front desk staff to the house keeping staff all are an asset to the Hyatt name..The check in is smooth and not complicated..The rooms are large, clean and smell good..The linen is top notch as well..The a/c's make minimal sound and are ice cold..The breakfast downstairs is very good..Especially there version of the egg/muffin sandwich..Great coffee as well.parking lot is very well lit..Rooms are very well insulated from outside/inside noise..All in all my experience at Hyatt Place Tempe has been such a great/enjoyable one to the point that I have decided to stay there every trip to the area which will be 3 days a week till the new year..

1 Thank Bam B
Arizona
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have stayed here many times. The room offers either a king or two queen sized beds with a separate room that offers a sleeper sofa, small sink and small fridge. The room also has a beautiful flat screen TV, a glass stand in shower and a separate area for the restroom sink. This hotel was recently renovated and the renovation is sweet. But I wouldn't recommend the place to super sensitive sleepers, the airport noise can be heard with planes taking off. The Hyatt Place is where I like to stay when I'm in the Tempe area.

• Stayed August 2012
Danville, California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The location is within 5 miles of the airport. They have a shuttle and the shuttle will take you to the restaurant. I was not going to rent a car but my meeting changed. The staff is nice and offered me a bottle of water for free as it was over 108 outside. They made a great recommendation for Monti's that was inexpensive and great steak. Breakfast was clean, and plenty. The room is perfect with no issues and quiet.

Room Tip: if you dont need a car use the shuttle. they will help you with everything
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. Wireless internet was availble in the room. Breakfast was very good. We were up by 7A, so we didn't really notice any plane noise. Shuttle service to the airport left promptly, and it was a short trip to the airport. We just spent one night here after a trip to the Grand Canyon before flying out the following morning. My kids wanted to use the pool while my husband returned our rental car and took the shuttle back. The pool appeared slightly green. I asked the front desk staff if they could double check the pool chemicals. They told me an outside company checks the pool and the pool liner is a slightly green color. I wasn't convinced, so I made a deal with the kids that they could use the hotel computer. The kids hadn't been able to play some of their online games on our tablet, so they were happy with that. I did notice that they were draining water from the pool the morning we left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for just about 24 hours on a very quick business trip! Although it is slightly run down and could use some updating - the service was good, the room was clean and comfortable. One concern I had before my stay was that the hotel wasn't close to any restaurants within walking distance and there is no regular restaurant in the hotel.

However, the shuttle driver was GREAT and drove us over to the Tempe Marketplace where there is plenty of shopping and several different restaurants. He also promptly picked me up from the airport and brought be back after my meeting.

I didn't have the same complaint about the airport noise as some of the other reviewers. While I did hear some planes, it wasn't bothersome and it didn't keep me awake or wake me up. In fact, the bed was comfortable and I slept quite well there!

We also used the meeting rooms and found that the room was comfortable and the catering was quite good.

All in all, it was a good experience. I would stay here again if I needed to be in this area.

1 Thank ADavis64
Sonoma County, CA
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hotel is a little run down - big stain on carpet - could be an easy fix. Walk in shower nice change from the tub/shower combo of this level of hotel. Nice fresh salads available which is a nice change. Airport is loud at this hotel. Flights start at 6 a.m. Very nice staff like at all Hyatt properties. Close to airport but isolated from any restaurants or shops. Love free wifi.

Room Tip: Try to get away from airport noise if possible!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 174 in Phoenix
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,333 reviews
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!