“A hotel property you can count on.”

Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
new mexico
“A hotel property you can count on.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I choose to stay at this hotel everytime I am in the Phoenix area. The location is great for me since I don't like crowded areas. I enjoy using the kiosk for check in. Even though, their friendly staff do wait behind the counter readily available. I've had many great stays here, no problems. During this stay, we had a smell in our room. Not sure where it was coming from as they were in the process of remodeling. We had a room with a balcony and opened the door which helped cleared out the smell we had in our room. I did not attend to this minor problem because I did not have the time. However, I reported it to the manager via email survey in which he apologized for that issue. But like I said, very minor. Our room was clean. Air conditioner worked great since the weather was hot still, about 105 degrees in begining of September. We did not use the pool. On the other hand, their complimentary breakfast was great. I can't believe the variety they had along with their hot buffet. I've stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn & we had to pay $10 per person for a similiar breakfast. Even in New Mexico, the Hyatt Place breakfast is just ok. At this property, it was a plus. If you like to shop, there's an outlet mall, Arizona Mills down the road going south on Priest Drive. You also need to check out Mill Ave near Az State Univ. Get on Rio Saludo Pkwy and head east along the Beach Parks and get onto Ash Ave, make a left on University and another left to cruise down Mill Ave. There's a In'n'Out nearby and a Yogurtland. All in all, I will continue to stay at this property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I am generally a Hyatt fan and judge each property very minutely on each and every item most commonly used by hotel guests. The breakfast taste was good, lacks variety but space for breakfast was very small and can get crampy during rush hours. Super prompt hotel shuttle service. The gym was fine and acceptable. However the hotel floor corridors looks very shabby and dull. Also the bathrooms are super tiny. The balcony is refreshing but nothing from there to look at. The room gives a stinky smell once you walk inside your room after a long day. The location is near airport and far away from Tempe town center. However, shuttle can drop and pick you up. The one thing which annoyed me was the foolishness of housekeeping staff to throw your personal items (like deodorant can, water bottles, etc.) thinking those are not used by you anymore. Due to this inconvenience which caused me the hotel GM Mr. Micheal ensured my late check-out by 8 hours was not charged a single penny to me and to dropped me to my office address beyond their 5 miles shuttle service radius. Only because of his courteous nature and willing to help proactively I am adding one extra star to my review. Otherwise it was three all the way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Souvik25
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Hyatt needs to thank this hotel for winning us back after we vowed never to pay for another stay with Hyatt after FT Lauderdale. But Tempe is great. Great staff, great management. Breakfast was wonderful. Not a bad location and airport parking. We had a small snafu and I mean small and we were not that worried about it but Dale the assistant manager went out of his way to make it right and really took care of us. We really appreciate the customer service we got and this is what we think of when we think HYATT brand, we wanted to book again but they were sold out :( but I am not surprised when you get this kind of service. Thanks again Dale and staff for the great conversation and wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hermosillo, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

The hotel its near "Rio Salado" (its not a river anymore), and its kind of new, because there are a lot of dessert and hotels only in the nearby area.
We arrive, and notice that there are no lobby(by lobby, I mean a space with a desk and a person ready to do the check in for you). There is 2 machines, like in the airports, so you can do the check in, it was kind of cool. Inmediatly, a woman approach us, and asked if everything was ok with our reservation( I was traveling with my parents, so thats good because if they were by theirselves, they hadnt know what to do).
The room its very big and comfy. With a large living room area. Has one large sofa-bed with cute pillows, and a wet/dry bar, plus a desk with a comfy chair. A little clear wall its between the room and the living area. One big plasma T.V (you can see it if you are in the living area, or the bed area). The hand washing are in front of the beds, and the bathroom its separate.
Love the room.
Also, the complimentary breakfast. Has a little section with 3 choices of hot dishes, and starbucks coffee! Very good value.
The only thing I suppose its not that convenient, its if you dont have a car, because there its nothing nearby within 1-2 miles.
At night, I try the turkey salad sandwish. It was very good, with pickles and soda.
About the planes noise, I didnt notice until 10.00 am or so.
The staff, were always nice and willing to help.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Got a deal through priceline, for under a 100, this hotel is amazing!

• Stayed September 2011
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Booked a room for my husband. Jessica was amazing! He checked in with no problems. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. They are completely under charging for as nice as this place was. But i'm not complaining!! LOL He will def. stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

The complimentary shuttle to Tempe Mill avenue was very convenient so we didn't have to find parking/directions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious with a sectional area with kitchenette and office, then the 2 Queen bedroom area had a nice long vanity and sink seperate from tub/toilet. The window opens so you can get fresh air if wanted. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot believe I got such a good rate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 175 in Phoenix
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,302 reviews
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!