We stayed here Friday and Saturday nights, March 23 & 24, 2007.
The hotel's location was good for us as we were attending an event at the town lake. The suite was spacious and well-furnished, and the king bed was very comfortable.
However, our room (102) was located right beside Scottsdale Road, which is a very noisy street, with many motorcycles as well as other vehicles passing by. Even with earplugs I was bothered by the street noise. The hotel was full so I was unable to get another room.
The hotel offers a "hot breakfast" but both Saturday and Sunday morning there were no eggs, which I was counting on. The hot food both days was some kind of sausage, and bad-tasting waffle sticks Sunday, and French toast sticks Saturday that I didn't try. I don't like continental breakfast fare and I'm a vegetarian, so I was disappointed. However the coffee was good and there were bananas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a three-tier Resort style destination centrally located in the heart of the Phoenix Metro Area, 1 mile north of Arizona State University, 2 miles south of Old Town Scottsdale, 1 mile west of the brand new Tempe Marketplace, and less than 4 miles east of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).The Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe – ASU is conveniently located one mile from downtown Tempe and Arizona State University. With 162 beautiful guestrooms and suites, our hotel offers central location, diverse amenities and a friendly staff with in-depth knowledge of the region. Whether you’re travelling to Arizona for business or pleasure, we are the ideal destination for anyone visiting the Phoenix/Tempe area. If you’re looking for world-class shopping, recreation and entertainment, you’ve come to the right place. Watch the Cactus League Spring Training featuring 15 MLB teams. Golf at top notch courses like ASU Karsten Golf Course, Arizona Grand Resort or the Legacy Golf Resort. Paddle a kayak around Tempe Town Lake and afterward, take in a Broadway performance at the ASU Gammage auditorium. Shop at Old Town Scottsdale, just four miles away and one of the biggest destinations in the greater Phoenix area. Relax in one of our guestrooms featuring signature Red Lion beds, complimentary wi-fi, work desks and flat screen TVs. Suite options include rooms with an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Our resort-style setting offers a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, 24-hour convenience store, news stand, outdoor swimming pool, 15-person whirlpool, tennis court and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu
- Hampton Inn Tempe
- Tempe Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Asu