I pulled up to check-in and was not liking what I saw...construction barriers and workers to the south and no place to park. I walked into the lobby and told staff I wasn't happy with what I was seeing. They gave me a key to check out a room and if I still wasn't happy, they would cancel my reservation. BTW, I had three rooms reserved. After checking out the room, which required a walk through the property, I was liking the cozy feel of Red Lion. I told them I wanted to check some other places but soon returned as this location was good for our purposes, close to the 202 and Scottsdale Road.
We spent three nights at Red Lion and could not have been more pleased. There was a turf area where my granddaughters could practice with their volleyball. They enjoyed the pool. Two of our rooms were suites. The living area was very adequate but the bedroom was a little tight. Supposed to be two queen beds but seemed more like expanded full size to me. Breakfast was typical hotel fare.
The staff all three days was very courteous, helpful and accomodating. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a three-tier Resort style destination centrally located in the heart of the Phoenix Metro Area, 1 mile north of Arizona State University, 2 miles south of Old Town Scottsdale, 1 mile west of the brand new Tempe Marketplace, and less than 4 miles east of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).The Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe – ASU is conveniently located one mile from downtown Tempe and Arizona State University. With 162 beautiful guestrooms and suites, our hotel offers central location, diverse amenities and a friendly staff with in-depth knowledge of the region. Whether you’re travelling to Arizona for business or pleasure, we are the ideal destination for anyone visiting the Phoenix/Tempe area. If you’re looking for world-class shopping, recreation and entertainment, you’ve come to the right place. Watch the Cactus League Spring Training featuring 15 MLB teams. Golf at top notch courses like ASU Karsten Golf Course, Arizona Grand Resort or the Legacy Golf Resort. Paddle a kayak around Tempe Town Lake and afterward, take in a Broadway performance at the ASU Gammage auditorium. Shop at Old Town Scottsdale, just four miles away and one of the biggest destinations in the greater Phoenix area. Relax in one of our guestrooms featuring signature Red Lion beds, complimentary wi-fi, work desks and flat screen TVs. Suite options include rooms with an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Our resort-style setting offers a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, 24-hour convenience store, news stand, outdoor swimming pool, 15-person whirlpool, tennis court and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu
- Hampton Inn Tempe
- Tempe Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Asu