Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
$53
$42
$190
  • Pool
All reviewsputting greenpark and flyshuttle servicefree shuttlewafflesfree breakfastnice breakfastold town scottsdaleliving roomairport shuttlehot tubsky harbornice roomthe breakfast areaspring trainingcomfortable bedsgreat place to stay
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I used the 30% promotion , so the room rate great! The only thing that turned me off was the bathtub, it was gray on the bottom , not sure if it could be cleaned unless they resurface the tub. Otherwise the room was clean

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Jasper M, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hello gigspa51 first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was glad to see you take advantage of one of our promotions. I was a little remised to here you had problems with our tub. Since your stay I have addressed the "tub problem" with our maintenance director. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. It was a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very convenient to PHX airport, 10 minute drive or use their complimentary van. Many nearby restaurants. Room was clean, well designed and well maintained. Comfortable bed. We stayed in a suite and had a microwave, refrigerator and extra room. Good complimentary breakfast. Reception Staff is helpful. Great value in a pricey city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for staying with us again! We are happy to hear you found our hotel clean and convenient. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

great place to stay with great prices. Will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for the fantastic service! Very clean and great customer service!! We had a great time while visiting from Florida!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time in Tempe. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room with great service and are happy to hear when we have done so. Hope to have you stay again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked a kitchenette from March 18-25 to catch some Spring training baseball games. I have been here previously when it was a Hampton Inn and I loved it. Nothing has really changes as far as I can tell but here is a rundown:
Rooms- large, clean, well furnished with modern appliances and televisions but surprisingly, no utensils??? In a Kitchenette???
Property- clean, well manicured grounds. Did not check out the pools but from what I remember, they are good.
Amenities- complimentary breakfast buffet with good coffee, juices, fruits, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, assorted pastries and otherwise a great way to start your day.
The hotel shuttle bus can take you anywhere within a five mile radius. Thankfully, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is within the five miles, as are many of the Spring Training Facilities in the Cactus League
Staff- one word... AWESOME. From the front desk clerk on admission to the shuttle bus driver they were all very professional and courteous.

All in all, I would have absolutely no reservations about coming back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NakasBronx_NY
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your Spring training trip. Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay with us. Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

On our last night staying at the red lion we were locked out of our room! We came back from getting food and our key card did not work. After telling the man at the front desk he "fixed" our key. We went back to our room and the door still would not open! We then went back to the front desk where he preceded to tell us how to use the key card (as if we had not been using them all weekend!) and made us two new keys. We went back to our room where surprise neither of the keys worked. The security guard came to help us and very rudely accused us of either having someone in the room or having something hanging on the back of the door, we of course had neither. He then told us he was going to the airport and would figure something out when he got back! It was cold outside and we were told to just wait for an hour while he "figured something out??!!" Finally the guy at the front desk just gave us a new room and said we had to wait for the maintenance guy to get there at 7 in the morning. So now we have a new room with none of our things! I didn't have my contact solution, glasses, or medication.... Then the next morning the maintenance guy had to take the whole keypad off the door as it was completely broken! Not to mention we had a bill in our room for the whole time we stayed. No mention of trying to rectify the whole mess of the night before! I am super super upset with the whole situation as we really enjoyed the room and were planing on staying at the Red Lion when we go to Disneyland later this year. Doubt that now!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hello Alisha, I am so sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. It is not a usual guest experience. I am happy that I was able to compensated you for the troubles you experienced. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to extend our usual hospitality. Thank you.