“Best Park and Fly!!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Love it! Clean and modern. They even take you within 5 miles to eat at a large shopping mall that had amazing food places to choose from. The rooms are good size very modern and comfortable. It is an amazing value for the price. I made my reservation directly with the hotel and got a better price than on a park and fly sight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Barbarabarbara13,
Thank you for writing a review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed you your stay with us and took advantage of our parking and shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This property is barely a hilton product. The smallest room I have seen in quite some time. More like a Motel 6. Two steps from the bed and you are in the bathroom. The open corridors must be brutal in the heat of summer. NIce snacks for HIlton Gold Member thank you. Call for extra towels because this Hampton only gives you 2 bath towels when all others I have stayed give you 3.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room stairs everywhere...open corridors and even with the elevator you stil...

skayc,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I will review your comments with my managment staff and see what we can do to address the problems you pointed out. If you plan on coming to the Tempe/Phoenix area again please feel free to call me and I will see if we can put you in one of our suites that have alot more room than our standard rooms. Thank you again. -Andrew

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for its sleep park fly deal. Price was 35% less than a park and fly. Parking lot is well lit. Hotel is not new but rooms were clean, bed was comfortable.. rooms are very clean. Excellent deal for the money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hi Bernadette, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You can always leave your vehicle here for upto 21 days for every night you stay at the hotel regardless if you book your room thru hampton.com, the hotel directly, or any third party website. I am glad to hear you got a good deal on the room. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. It met my wife's requirements for a hotel, which says a lot for the hotel :-). If I had any complaints, it would be that the two very comfortable beds seemed a bit big for the size of the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

AA, I am very happy to hear our met you and your wife's standards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to seeing you guys again in the future.
Thank you again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

After a 5 hour drive from Nevada, I needed to return my rental car and arranged for Hampton Inn’s shuttle to pick me up at the airport. At 10:15, the shuttle was there waiting for me when I got to the pick-up area and the driver was great. As he drove me to the hotel, he informed me that if I wanted to get something to eat or take a little tour around the Tempe area, he’d be glad to take me around. I didn’t take him up on the offer, but it was nice to be treated like a long-time friend.
After a short 10 – 15 minute drive, I arrived at the Hampton Inn Tempe and was quickly checked in. I was up on the 3rd floor toward the back of the hotel and to get to my room, it was a short walk around the outside lanais and over to my room. Security at this hotel does seem a bit wide open as there are external stairs leading up to the rooms and no security gates to limit access. It was raining and I did get a little wet since the access to the rooms are outside. The buildings and the room seem to be a bit dated but maintained. I had reserved a King room and received a double queen. These rooms are a little small so the 2 queen beds made the room feel pretty cramped but since I would only be sleeping there and catching a morning flight out, I didn’t make an issue of it. The room was fairly clean and consisted of 2 queen beds (as I mentioned) a couple of night stands, a work desk with lamp and office chair, a dresser and a flat screen TV on top. The bathroom had the single sink outside the actual bathroom with the tub/shower combo and toilet enclosed. The closet was pretty small, as you slide the door open, you have to turn sideways to get to the back of the closet. The wireless internet was adequate for me to pull up a few websites and check email.
All in all, this was just an OK property, the staff was great, but the property was dated, a little awkward to navigate and room was cramped. They had the shuttle waiting for me early in the morning to get me to the airport which was really nice. I think the staff here are the saving grace and made it an OK place to spend the night before flying out of Phoenix.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Scott w, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear our staff provided you with good service. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rooms was more on the level of a Motel 6. Two night stay was booked but I checked out after the first night. Breakfast was aweful. No fruit, dry burnt eggs. I grabbed a breakfast to go bag and left. Won't be back..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and pointing out some area's we have opportunities to improve in. I can assure you your recent experience at our hotel was not a typical one. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to prove it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Tempe
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Vety nice stay our room was very clean and very neat. Down to the flower made of Kleenex in the Kleenex Box. Lovely!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe
Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport
Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall
Radisson Hotel Phoenix North
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Best Western Inn Of Tempe

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe? Share your experiences!