“Close to ASU & Airport - Just What We Needed!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Portland, Oregon
“Close to ASU & Airport - Just What We Needed!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this property to help my son get settled in at ASU. This hotel is close to the property and provides shuttle assistance to ASU as well as the airport! I was impressed! Was given a solid rate, included the nice amenities of Wi-Fi and a nice breakfast. (waffles!)
I have already made my reservation for next month during Parent's Weekend!

Room Tip: Near the pool!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked a 3 day stay at this Hampton Inn and it was the perfect weekend!
My friends and I were in town for the Mets Game. The hotel was impeccable!
The room a standard queen was excellent. We had comfortable beds, free parking and nearby access to everything. My hotel bill was 64.00 usd a night! The hotel is perfect! It's a comfortable environment with a breakfast area and a lounge area. Free continental breakfast and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. Bonus we were able to obtain a late checkout. I highly suggest this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Standard queen/ top floor very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We flew out of Phoenix and needed a good hotel with free parking while we were gone. Great place for this. Very large hotel. Imagine my surprise when I thought I'd booked a room with 2 queen beds to find I was put in a suite. Very nice. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
1peaceonthebeach, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel might not be the closest to the airport, or the fanciest, but it certainly fits the bill if you are looking for a comfortable, affordable place to stay within airport shuttle distance. I really liked the breakfast and thought that the staff was accomodating. To me it's the very definition of a four star "value" hotel in that it's a bit older hotel with amenities like a great breakfast and shuttle that more than make up for not being the "prettiest." Also, the pool area is well maintained, and despite some some exterior noise, this Hampton is situated in a good central Phoenix location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike C
, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to wright a review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel was a nice surprise, the front desk was excellent! Friendly, helpful, and very knowledeable about the surrounding area - they helped me with dinner recommendations for the family. The rooms were here were kept well, clean and in good shape. The breakfast was very tasteful and very good, my kids loved the waffles. My stay overall here was a very enjoyable one! The staff here were always ready to go way beyond to assist us in everyway, gave us a nice room, offered free wi-fi and a good breakfast ini the morning. We loved our stay here and would recomend it to everyone.

Room Tip: We were given a nice room by the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dewey, Arizona
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a "park 'n fly" hotel and this Hampton Inn fit the bill.
We had an early morning flight out of Sky Harbor, so we decided to drive to Phoenix and enjoy the city the afternoon prior. We had lunch in Scottsdale and then found some take out for supper before checking in to the hotel. We took a walk around the property just before it got dark and discovered that there are several courtyards with different amenities. One that we found could be useful on our next visit, gas grills available to cook your own dinner. We left our car for a month with no problem. Our return flight got back in very late at night, but the hotel's shuttle service picked us up and took us right to our car. Oh yeah, the room wasn't bad either.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doni-lei
Marathon
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were flying to Mexico and had to park our car someplace for a couple of weeks. When we arrived the front desk was very efficient. Our room was quiet and had everything we needed for a night stay. The shuttle to the airport was on time and got us to the airport in record time. I can highly recommend this hotel as a great place to leave your car and spend the night before traveling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple