“Nice and convenient hotel”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Good hotel convenient to airport . Roomy suite with odd furnishings-no drawers to put clothes in. I asked about it and they said it was just part of the design. Nice pool and workout room. The front desk had a great local breakfast recommendation-Harlows close by.

Room Tip: Need to book at least several weeks in advance during spring training.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Due to terrible weather back East, our flight home was cancelled. My husband and I found ourselves stuck in Phoenix for an extra two days. We had turned in our rental car at the airport, before our flight was cancelled, so we had to find a place to stay that could provide us with some transportation.

Many hotels near the airport were isolated, with no restaurants or shopping centers nearby. Luckily, we found the Springhill Suites. This hotel had a free shuttle that could take us to downtown Tempe! During our stay, we took advantage of this shuttle several times.

Because the airline sent our baggage on ahead (after assuring us that we would soon have a flight), we had no clothes or shoes except those we were wearing, and no toiletries, We explained our situation to the shuttle driver, a very nice man named John, and he took us to a CVS. There, we were able to buy T-shirts, underwear, socks, and enough toiletries to get by. He also showed us the local "restaurant row," where we enjoyed several nice meals.

The hotel desk staff were courteous, friendly and helpful to us, too, and they and John the driver made our unexpected stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SECh694
Reviewed April 8, 2014

What an adventure checking in! Who knew there were five (5!) Springhill Marriotts in Phoenix! All would have been well if they had put a phone number and an address on the check-in card/key-holder, but I guess I was either being dumb or not concentrating. Drove there, then drove my rental car back, hopped on the shuttle to the airport and then jumped on the Springhill Marriott bus. Wrong one. An hour later I show up at my room. No-ones fault but mine, but the hazard could have easily been mitigated! everyone was very kind and helpful, and there were no tears shed, and a few laughs had.
Breakfast was good, but had nowhere to go for supper. I ended up at the Hyatt next door which had a rudimentary menu but at least had a bar. The following morning was told that they would have taken me to a local restaurant and picked me up had i asked. So now you know.
Clean rooms, attentive staff, good wifi, very convenient for the airport - 10 minutes from pick-up to check-in.
Definitely on my list for my next trip here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kim B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I am sorry you were inconvenienced by one of our sister properties not making sure you are one of their guests. They are supposed to make sure you are a registered guest before they let you in the shuttle but that obviously did not happen and we apologize. We also train our front desk staff to inform any guest that asks about food options to inform them that we have our shuttle that travels a 2 mile radius of the hotel which includes an area with 60 restaurants and bars within a 6 block stretch. I am not sure why this did not happen but this will be addressed with the front desk staff. Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites with some co-workers on a recent trip to PHX. The service that the hotel provides is excellent, but the hard product leaves somethings to be desired. The breakfast spread was decent, and the hotel did appear to be recently renewed, but the pool is small and you feel that the rooms are slightly awkward. The positioning of the television isn't really conducive to watching TV from the bed, but it isn't set-up for only viewing from the sitting area. The bed is definitely not on my list of top hotel beds. All in all, I would return, but only because of the service from the staff, not the hard product.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kim B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

JetsetAlex,
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am happy that the Staff exceeded your expectations and that we might see you again soon! We are very excited to be getting a full renovation this summer because as you indicated, it is needed! Thanks again!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times and have had no issues. It has been remodeled and very clean. Definitely up to Marriott standards. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. It is convenient to the airport and Tempe, as people have mentioned. It is also convenient to Phoenix's wonderful Papago Park, that has the Botanical Gardens. They also have a stay and park program, which we will utilize again next month. We can drive up from Tucson, spend the night here and then leave our car at the hotel when we fly out. Their shuttle to the airport runs 24 hours, unlike many of the other airport hotels that don't start until 6 AM. All in all, always a comfortable stay with no surprises and, since it is suite accommodations, you obviously have more room than a hotel room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is one of the older model SpringHill Suites that has been remodeled and is pretty fresh and nice. Customer service was very good and friendly. I arrived late at night so the airport pickup was shared and did take a little longer than I would have liked because at that hour it was shared. I also left before breakfast so I can't give any input on that.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cubfaninco
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights in January while I was taking part in the PF Chang's Arizona Rock and Roll Half Marathon. The price was right, and it was decently close to the start/finish line. The hotel went out of their way to accommodate the race participants. They opened their buffet breakfast extra early on Sunday morning, and offered a complimentary shuttle to the start line. Apparently there was also a shuttle from the finish if you wanted it, but we chose the mile or so walk back as a bit of recovery from the race.
We took advantage of the pool and hot tub both days, and the fitness room was well equipped. The room was spacious, quiet and clean. The breakfast was ample and the breakfast staff hustled to make sure everything was replenished. All staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful.
It is a bit away from everything, we were happy to have a vehicle to venture out for meals - there are many great restaurant choices not too far away in Tempe.
Our only complaint was that the TV was at an odd angle to watch from the bed.
I will make sure I recommend this place to my running community (about 1500 of us) as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple