All reviewssleeping areafinal approachspent one nightlight sleeperearly flightyogurtbreakfast was includedlarge roomsmall refrigeratortop floorshort drivepull out couchwould stay here againexercise roombeds were very comfortablerental carclean hotel
Reviewed July 9, 2012

UPDATED REVIEW! In a previous review of the SpringHill Suites Tempe/PHX Airport (which has since been deleted), I said that, given a choice, I would probably stay elsewhere despite the excellence of the staff. (I felt the décor was tired and in need of an update even though I found the hotel and rooms very clean.) Surprisingly I found myself back in PHX 2 weeks later and after being snarled at by the staff of the hotel next door I returned to this SpringHill. The customer service was as good as before, if not better, and while the rooms were the same I feel I was a bit harsh in my assessment. Yes, I still feel an update is needed but the rooms are clean and comfortable with nice big bathrooms. Then, one week later, I found myself back in PHX and once again chose this hotel for the location and the staff. At check-in Crystal (a gem at the front desk) offered me a complimentary upgrade to an “Executive Key Room”, which was described as a newly updated, remodeled room. Never one to turn down a free upgrade, I agreed. I’m glad I did as the room was awesome! It was a pleasant surprise; freshly updated with new paint, wallpaper, window coverings, carpet and furniture. The room felt larger than my previous rooms and it had a walk-in closet! Colors were contemporary yet soothing, there was an “L”-shaped sofa, adequate desk, and an updated wet bar with refrigerator and microwave. The living area needs more lighting and, really; that is my only complaint and it is minor. I don’t partake of “free breakfast” at most of the hotels at which I stay and I didn’t here, opting to eat out at a local restaurant. The pool area was clean enough to enjoy a refreshing dip in the 105 degree heat. The staff, again, was aces, from the front desk to housekeeping. Even if I don’t get the “Executive Key Room” on my next visit I feel like I’ve found my “go-to” hotel when I need to stay near Sky Harbor. Two things to remember: 1) this hotel is at the end of one of the runways so there is going to be significant aircraft noise; and 2) remember to tip your housekeeping staff. The ladies here are some of the nicest I’ve encountered.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms will be cooler
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank abqtravelermta
Reviewed June 16, 2012

First stay at a SpringHill Suites and while it is not a Ritz Carlton this might as well be. The hotel and staff are as good as any 5 Star hotel I have stayed at. From the time I arrived and was picked up at the airport the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The room is large and very comfortable.

Everyone went out of their way to make my stay not only enjoyable but also helpful. From local shuttle service to storing bags after checkout. This has become my hotel for Phoenix, Tempe or Scottsdale visits.

Room Tip: Great for business, family and trips with children. Nice pool and self service laundry if needed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

The writers who point out the location of this hotel in relationship to the airport are right: It's very close.

What I can't figure out is why only a few reviewers write about the noise of the jets flying only a short distance overhead. It's as noisy as if I were in a sleeping bag at the end of the runway.

They arrive late into the night, and pick up again early in the morning. I woke up at 4 am thinking a 737 was coming through my window.

As nice as the hotel and staff are, forget getting a good night sleep around here!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank tkolner
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Need a nice place to stay with Marriott quality, this is the place. Spacious rooms and nice breakfast .

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Was in Phoenix to see a football game. This hotel was just right. It was clean and comfy. The service was great and the suites offer a little extra room for the kids.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family