“Great little place”
other travelers have booked this property
FULL KITCHEN
4-Burner stove & Mini-Fridge Microwave, coffee pot, toaster, crock pot & mini blender
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
4-Burner stove & Mini-Fridge
Microwave, coffee pot, toaster, crock pot & mini blender
Goodie basket when you arrive
Comfy couch
Closet area
Throne Room
36' X 40' Custom shower
From the south
From the carport to the apartment
Walkway to the apartment
Apartment entrance
Lock box for key
Relax!
Laundry
Enjoy your morning coffee or evening drink outside!
Wayne & Nancy
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Cathy L
“Great little place”
Reviewed October 23, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My husband and I came to Tempe to do the Tempe Half Ironman . I was looking for a quiet place and not too far from the race site . It was perfect! So quiet and close to everything . The bed was great. The kitchen was well equipped and there was an electric grill outside which I used to grill my chicken.
I highly recommend staying here.

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks Cathy! And congratulations to both you and your husband for such great finishes in the Ironman!
kjnc50
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed October 16, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Clean. Secure. Efficiently organized. Walkable neighborhood. Quiet patio where we enjoyed the moon and stars. Seating bench in ocvered area to enjoy a fountain and plants. Appreciated the bottled water and snacks in the kitchen. The mattress was perfect!! Liked the recyle container and the garbage disposal. My husband was glad for the TV in the bedroom while I wanted quiet in the dining area. We hope to return.

Oct 18, 2016
So glad your first experience with vacation rentals was so positive. See you again! Wayne & Nancy
Linda R
“Cozy stay that feels like home”
Reviewed September 2, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed at this location for just over 2 weeks and it was perfect for our needs. The studio apartment was clean and well appointed with everything we needed, including some complimentary snacks and bottles of water to begin our stay. The kitchen allowed me to make most of our meals in the room (we were on business rather than vacation), although the refrigerator was a little small for doing much extensive meal preparation. We also liked the privacy that the studio afforded and the quiet neighborhood. A washer and dryer were available, including detergent supplies. The host, Wayne, was very pleasant and responded quickly to questions. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and highly recommend the "Shippy Chalet"!

Sep 3, 2016
Thank you Linda!
Jack838
Yuma, Arizona
“Peace and quiet”
Reviewed November 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The Shippy Chalet is truly a special place. Very comfortable apartment with many thoughtfully provided amenities. The peace and quiet combined with such a fine location is an unbeatable combination. I will definitely miss it, will recommend it to others, and hope to return in the future.

Traveling group: Solo
Nov 6, 2015
Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write the review. We really appreciate it and hope to see you and C again sometime!
Stephlani
“Beautiful, peaceful home away from home”
Reviewed June 20, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I have never used a home rental before so I was very skeptical of this but so interested, financially speaking. It was definately the best option I made. I can't see anyone not benefiting from a place like the Shippy's. The home is very clean, organized, beautifully decorated and all small details are thought of. I was even able to leave with a suitcase full of clean clothes, best feeling ever after being away from home after 8 days! Nancy and Wayne are a lovely couple and ensure all is taken care of. They give others thier privacy and oh the garden, it's absolutely wonderful! One of my biggest concerns as a young lady was safety, and never did I feel at harm. The neighborhood is calm and definately has a welcoming vibe! They have the greenest grass on the block, it's wonderful! All stores are within a very, very good distance from them, along with starbucks, whole foods and even the mall! It's a wonderful place to retreat back to after a busy day or just stay in and enjoy the peacefulness their place offers. If you are reading this and are looking for a place to stay in this area I would highly recommend it to you! You will literally only need to take your clothes,and basic hygienic items, all other things are included even movies and books to enjoy! They are very good at responding to any questions in a promptly manner so don't hesitate to contact, ask questions and book your stay! God bless you!

-Steph :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks Steph for your review! Our goal from the start was to offer our guests the hospitality we enjoy when we travel. Over the years of traveling we've made a list of things we "wish we had brought along" so we try to accommodate the traveler's every need :). We're glad your first experience was so positive! Wayne & Nancy
Bossychiq...
Canada
“WHAT A GEM!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband and I arrived 2 days ago, and we are here until May 1. I couldn't wait to get home, so I'm writing my review already! This place is JUST PERFECT! Everything you could possibly need is here! It's literally a home away from home! Very clean and private! You have use of the BBQ, laundry facilities and if there is something you need....just ask! Wayne is an OUTSTANDING host! We cannot say enough about him or his home! You will NOT be dissapointed! Shopping and grocery stores are near by as well! We are enjoying our stay as I sit here and write this review. We already don't want to leave, and we are here another week! ENJOY your stay here, you will not regret it!

Jun 25, 2015
We are so glad to be able to host people like you and your husband. Your upbeat personality is contagious! We hope you will return some day. Wayne & Nancy
RobG175
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Great Apartment in Tempe”
Reviewed March 1, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The apartment was great. It had all the necessary amenities and extras. It is in a quiet neighborhood. Wayne and Nancy pay attention to details and their customer service is outstanding. This is a real gem. We are so glad to have found this.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire stay and spartment
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for your kind comments. Wayne & Nancy.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing