“Great tequila selection, awesome tacos”
Review of Canteen Modern Tequila Bar - CLOSED

Canteen Modern Tequila Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a long day of work, it was great to fill up on tacos and tequila - about as perfect a meal as I could think of. I ordered two sets of tacos, and they were so good I ordered two more. The house margarita was nice, and a glass of anejo hit the spot. The only thing to make it better was to have had some friends and family with me, but alas I was in Tempe alone for work.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Modern, hip atmosphere; unbelievable selection of tequilas. Nice outdoor seating areas, with misters. Good happy hour. Not a broad menu for dinner, but enough to suit almost everyone's taste. One of the nicer venues on Mill Ave. for a vareity of customers.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I visited here for lunch. Nice place to sit out in the afternoon. Inside can be a little loud but it is not bad if you like that sort of environment.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Oh what a great experience... fantastic tacos, great atmosphere, superb service, and awesome drinks. One of the best food/restaurants experiences in quite a while. Did I say great prices too? Run to Canteen - now. Did I mention great service too?

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Swung in here on our way out of town for dinner. Happened in on happy hour, and it was great! The chips and salsa sampler were delicious--I loved the pico de gallo especially. We then shared the beef flautas and beef tostadas, which were delicious and definitely worth the happy hour price. Topped it off with a beer and a house margarita, and we walked out of there for under $20! On top of the good food and the great deals, the service was friendly and nice. Overall, great place to stop by for happy hour.