“Great happy hour”

Thai Elephant
Ranked #177 of 794 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had an early dinner here and found that the restaurant had great happy hour pricing on drinks AND food. The restaurant feels much bigger from inside than it does from outside- a little deceptive as parking lot is around the back. Our curries were delicious (but a LOT of food- more than enough for 2 people to split one) and we also had a sweet potato app that was good. Our server was friendly and gave great suggestions.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I ate at the Thail Elephant in January '13. This was my second time in a Thai restaurant in as many days. The restaurant looks smaller outside than it does once you go inside. It was well decorated and had a good atmosphere. The service was nice and the food was great. I do not have extensive Thai food experience, so I can neither compare it to Thai places around the world nor speak to the Thai Elephant's authenticity. However, I ordered the Drunken Noodles with pork. I didn't go too spicy (only a two), but I should have went at least a three maybe four. The dish was spectacular. It was pretty and it tasted great as well. It seemed very fresh and the noodles were melt-in-your-mouth perfect. I'm looking forward to heading back to Tempe so I can hit up the Thai Elephant again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The place is well decorated and clean, the food was really good, ambience,good service and reasonable price, will visit them again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This unassuming restaurant serves excellent food with generous portions at great value. The staff are polite, friendly and attentive.

I had an excellent green chicken curry with fragrant rice, and my daughter (who's never had Thai before) had a Pad Thai and rated it 8 out of 10 and she is very fussy!

I would strongly recommend the Thai Elephant for people who want great food. It's decor is not grandiose and elegant like some might be, so I would say it's all about the food.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We really enjoyed Pad Z U ( Siew) and Coconot Tofu soup. Excellent huge serving and friendly services!