Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Anaheim, California
“Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

First off maybe I got the lowest rates which explains the dirty towels. Also my bathroom looks like a broken down apartment. There was stains on the rug and i found black hair on the bed which mine is actually brown. I like the kitchen but the fridge was noisy and the dishwasher was old. I had a really crappy room with a king size bed. I would recommend the Marriott or the Holiday Inn never will I stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Swtcake
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the situations you described. Based on the other reviews you will see that these are not typical of our hotel, and for that I apologize. I assure you that the issues listed received prompt action, investigation, and were the focus of a retraining meeting with my housekeepers and laundry staff. I have also had my maintenance staff check the appliances in the room you stayed in. Our numerous suites with kitchenettes are one of our most sought after amenities, and I am sorry that you did not find the room to your liking. I am glad that my front desk staff switched you to another room where everything was to your liking. We will use your comments from your experience to better improve our details and level of service we provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sahuarita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room overall was nicely designed, it was hot in Phoenix but the room's AC did the job of cooling it down and keep it nice and cold! The beds were divine, so comfortable I can' t complain about a bad night's sleep. The room is acoustically sound, at least to me. Didn't use the pool at all. The breakfast was good, only thing was they told us it was over at 10:30am, but they started it closing it down by 10:05 am. This is a Sunday, tsk! tsk!
The lobby is nicely decorated, and it's close to alot of stuff to do in Tempe!

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay...

Room Tip: Its hard to say, but the beds will keep you knocked out soundly...so nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank F D
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our stay. Our signature Cloud 9 beds are one of our most complimented features of our property, so much that we have worked with the manufacturer to sell them to people whom inquire. I am glad you had a pleasant stay on your trip to our hotel and I will share your comments with my staff.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The only problem I had with my stay was the fact that we were placed next to a room full of high school girls on a basketball trip. They were terribly loud, and parking was an issue. Other than that, the hotel itself was nice, fairly priced, clean, conveniently located and comfortable. We will be staying again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that the other guests near your room were a bit noisy during your stay. I am glad to see that despite this minor inconvenience you still enjoyed your stay and understand the tremendous value our hotel provides. See you next time!
Tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Upon arriving at 7pm, we noticed our "Hide a bed sofa sleeper" was completely broken, we called the front desk at night and stated we would sleep on this the first night but requested something for the next day. The next morning we went to the front desk and reminded Claudia, and she said it would be taken care of when we were out. We arrived back to room at 5pm and room service had not even showed up, much less the sofa replaced as promised. We called again and again false promises were made all the way until we checked out. We did not receive an apology even, much less a new sofa sleeper or a change of rooms. The kids were disappointed. The shower curtain was also badly torn, another request IGNORED COMPLETELY. We also only had one small trash can in the room. I asked for one night, "one night to be comped" Janelle at front desk basically blew me off. To say the least it was terrible service. Now we are disputing all charges. They should definitely be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank james m m
On behalf of my staff, I apologize that you encountered these issues during your stay. Since your stay we have received a shipment of sofa pullout beds and I assure you that the issue has been fixed. As a standard procedure, my hard working front desk staff is given specific limits the level of compensation they are allowed to provide, and anything beyond that is something I handle personally with the guests. I assure you the next morning when I was informed of the situation I did call you at the number given on the reservation, left a message, and as was explained on the message, I did compensate you in the level which you requested. I am sorry that due to this unfortunate situation you did not have a pleasant stay. I hope we have the opportunity again in the future to regain your loyalty.
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Close to the biggest outlet in Arizona... staff was helpful ... rooms were great!
There was a special, so we were able to get the standard room rate for a suite w/kitchenette. We also were "stuck" in Phoenix and had to extend our stay for 2 days, and that was done w/ease and without no issues.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad that my hardworking staff made you feel at home while you were "stuck" during your visit. Our proximity to Arizona Mills Mall is one of the biggest benefits of our location. We have frequent specials that are offered seasonally on our email list, please keep looking for the special deals as they come out!
Marana, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel about 5 times before. This was definitely the worst experience. We choose this chain because of the good included breakfast and happy hour. However the room we were given upon check in was disgusting with no other words for it than that. I think it was room 298. Nobody should be given this room under any circumstances until it has had a complete remodel. The couch had stains and cigarette burns, the walls were filthy. The bathroom was a mess with mold and everything else you can think. By the time I realized just how bad this room was, we had already brought all our stuff up 2 flights of stairs so decided to tough it out. However at about 11pm my daughter went to take a shower (in a shower so gross I told her to wear her flip flops in it), and the shower would not drain. So at that point, we had enough. We all still needed showers before bed and clearly we couldn't wait hours for it to drain each time. So I called the front desk and asked for another room. The gave us a room another floor up which I think was room 399. So close to midnight, we moved ourselves and our 4 children up another flight of stairs and into another room. Fortunate for us, this room was fine with the exception of a mess left inside the microwave. I regret not having changed rooms sooner and spending our first day in that disgusting room, but they should have never put anyone in that room. If I hadn't been there before and saw that room, or if they had kept us in that room, I would have never gone back.

Room Tip: Refuse room 298.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank 95Lyn95
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that this room was not up to yours or our own standards, and I have had my housekeeping and maintenance staff do a very detailed preventative maintenance program in this room. I am glad that my staff was able to get you the type of room you were looking for based on your previous stays here. See you on your next visit to Tempe!
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for just a day and it definitely served its purpose. Airport shuttle was prompt although you had to call them directly as it was not included in the airport directory of airport hotels. The room was adequate and the bed was very good. The proximity to a big mall was a big bonus since I did all my shopping the whole afternoon. The breakfast was filling. What I found a little disturbing are some of the type of guests that patronize the hotel. I encountered one who was really annoying to the front desk staff who I must commend maintained her composure and dignity trying to pacify an unreasonable guest. Maybe its the low price that attracts guests with dubious looks.
Overall its a very good hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer in this hotel. I know I would have enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business