“Started bad, ended fine..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Marana, Arizona
“Started bad, ended fine..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel about 5 times before. This was definitely the worst experience. We choose this chain because of the good included breakfast and happy hour. However the room we were given upon check in was disgusting with no other words for it than that. I think it was room 298. Nobody should be given this room under any circumstances until it has had a complete remodel. The couch had stains and cigarette burns, the walls were filthy. The bathroom was a mess with mold and everything else you can think. By the time I realized just how bad this room was, we had already brought all our stuff up 2 flights of stairs so decided to tough it out. However at about 11pm my daughter went to take a shower (in a shower so gross I told her to wear her flip flops in it), and the shower would not drain. So at that point, we had enough. We all still needed showers before bed and clearly we couldn't wait hours for it to drain each time. So I called the front desk and asked for another room. The gave us a room another floor up which I think was room 399. So close to midnight, we moved ourselves and our 4 children up another flight of stairs and into another room. Fortunate for us, this room was fine with the exception of a mess left inside the microwave. I regret not having changed rooms sooner and spending our first day in that disgusting room, but they should have never put anyone in that room. If I hadn't been there before and saw that room, or if they had kept us in that room, I would have never gone back.

Room Tip: Refuse room 298.

1 Thank 95Lyn95
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that this room was not up to yours or our own standards, and I have had my housekeeping and maintenance staff do a very detailed preventative maintenance program in this room. I am glad that my staff was able to get you the type of room you were looking for based on your previous stays here. See you on your next visit to Tempe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for just a day and it definitely served its purpose. Airport shuttle was prompt although you had to call them directly as it was not included in the airport directory of airport hotels. The room was adequate and the bed was very good. The proximity to a big mall was a big bonus since I did all my shopping the whole afternoon. The breakfast was filling. What I found a little disturbing are some of the type of guests that patronize the hotel. I encountered one who was really annoying to the front desk staff who I must commend maintained her composure and dignity trying to pacify an unreasonable guest. Maybe its the low price that attracts guests with dubious looks.
Overall its a very good hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer in this hotel. I know I would have enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank rdcjMD
Second Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

the rooms are good to very good, great deal for a large family such as ours. The property could use some outdoor improvements but overall it is not a problem. Parking is limited but I really enjoy the value, free buffet breakfast and evening social hour. Staff are always welcoming and I like knowing that it is a reliable place to reserve for my valley trips. thanks

Room Tip: executive rooms with kitchens are great

Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at the Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel and Suites for one night. Had a meeting in the morning and decided to stay in Phoenix instead of driving up in the morning from Tucson. To be short, the service was excellent, rooms are descent, complimentary breakfast and happy hour, and the rates are good. Overall a thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

San Carlos, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The rates are very low and if that was my most important criteria I would have been very happy and stayed at the hotel. As it was not, as I entered the room (after climbing 2 flights of stairs- no elevator) I found that the room smelled very dingy & dirty. I was afraid to sit on the couch as it looked like it was contagious. The way the room smelled and looked I thought for sure this was the "hourly rate" suite.
Needless to say, we left and found another hotel near by. I was pleased that they gave us an immediate refund.
Positive: the Lobby is nice, receptionist nice and helpful, and great coffee

1 Thank Tammi1972
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Room check in is 3PM...it is 4:10 and they have 30 people waiting in Lobby. Never seen a place more unprepared for guests....as a matter of fact never had this type tragedy in any hotel/motel stay...even out of country. Some are not going to have rooms until after dinner/games/rendezvous. Finally have one of three rooms ourselves but the rest of family has to go to our room to stay cool and get away from the raving small children in lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mike c
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

These are nice sized suite rooms, very convenient to Arizona Mills Mall. We have stayed here twice for shopping purposes. The breakfast, while a good selection is in way too small of an area for the hotel size and in the summer it is too hot to sit in the outdoor area. The rooms are nice and roomy. We have had the kitchenette suite as well as the standard room and "two bedroom" suites. Nice rooms. The swimming pool is small with little shallow area for small kids.